lxxiii. prom--corey taylor (slipknot)

a/n: tempted to make a whole prom series for the knot lmk if you want that

There's this guy in a few of your classes. You've spent entire english classes having conversations passing notes to him. He's not very smart, sure, but he's a funny and sweet guy and now your ass has a crush on him. 

You know he's got a bad home life, you know all of it, but none of the outside factors prevented you from writing a little note to give to him during your next study hall. 

...

"Hey," Corey smiles as he sees you. 

"Hey, man," you give him a smile back as you hand him a couple pages of notes from a day he missed. 

"Jesus, this is a lot," Corey flips through the notes. 

"I know, sorry," you grimace. "Grab me if you can't read any of it."

You soon leave him to sit with another friend at a different table, and Corey gets to work copying notes. After 2 pages, he notices a small folded piece of paper with his name written on it. 

"Hm?" Corey hums as he opens it and reads a little note from you: 

Hey!

I hope you're doing alright after being sick for a while. It's been boring without you around, and I've missed you in english. Shakespeare is better when you read it in an awful english accent

Anyway, I mostly want to as if you'd like to go to prom with me. Doesn't have to be a big deal, I just thought it would be fun to go and try out a date if you like

Let me know!

--Y/n

"Goddamnit," Corey covers the slight blush on his face with one hand. Does this mean you're into him? Corey figures it's an integral tactic in flirting to rely on plausible deniability in case the other person isn't receptive. 

He shrugs and quickly writes a response on an index card. 

...

You're quite surprised when you come to your english class the next day to find not only that Corey's gotten to class earlier than you, but he's left the stack of notes at your seat next to him. 

"Shit, you were productive," you comment as you sit next to him. 

"Damn straight," Corey grins. "I can be a scholar if I really try."

"Sure, hun," you joke, flipping through the notes to make sure they're all there. As you do, an index card falls into your lap. "Hm?"

Y/n-

hell yeah I'll go to prom with you! i'll make it happen. just get yourself a nice dress

You smile to yourself.

...

Corey really tried. He couldn't afford to rent a suit, so he consulted his friends to get pieces that would fit together. He cleaned up his janky car and saved up enough to take you to a decent dinner at a small diner he knows you like. 

The three straight weeks of effort all becomes worth it when you step out of your house in a gorgeous floor length black dress. It clings to your body and accentuates every beautiful curve. Corey has to admit he's a little embarrassed to hold your hand and lead you to his beat up car. 

"You look great," you note as you walk with him to his car.

"Ah, thank you," Corey looks away as he opens the passenger door for you.