lxviii. take me out--wesley crusher (star trek:tng)

a/n: totally didn't just get back into star trek...

also totally didn't start getting into franz ferdinand

btw, their song take me out inspired this one shot--enjoy!

You tend to be a bit of a reserved person in general. The combination of a good amount of social anxiety and being an introvert make you just a bit awkward, but you deal. 

Playing guitar, though. Something about your old purple Strat covered in worn stickers and fading doodles from your bandmates makes you into the outgoing rocker you had always dreamed of being. You and your friends decided to make a little garage band when you were all 14-15. Thinking it would just fall apart after a few months, you all enjoyed just playing songs you liked. 

Plot twist, you're all 18-19 now, getting close to graduating the Academy, all working on the Enterprise, and still together. 

There's a little club on the Enterprise called the Jackrabbit that became the place to be for all the alternative folks, and you and your band play there all the time. 

...

"Come on, Wesley. It's just one concert, and if you hate it, you can leave," Wesley's friend Mordok begs. 

"I work tomorrow, man. It'll throw me off," Wesley huffs. 

"Fine, be boring," Mordok smirks and shrugs. 

Wesley stops for a moment before sighing and saying, "Alright, alright. I'll go. What time?"

"Meet me at the Jackrabbit at 2200 hours," Mordock grins. 

"You are taking me to a concert at the Jackrabbit?" Wesley raises an eyebrow. "That's not my scene, man."

Unbeknownst to him, your band's drummer was standing nearby and overheard that. She stifles a laugh and quickly sends you a PADD message: That boy you like is going to our concert tonight. You better look good as hell. 

"I mean, yeah," Mordok nods. "It'll be fun, just loosen up, Wes."

"Mkay," Wesley hums. "I'll meet you there."

He rushes back to the Bridge, sitting down at the navigation desk next to yours. 

"What was that about?" you chuckle at how out of breath he is.

"Apparently it was an emergency in engineering to tell me I'm going to a concert tonight," he replies. 

You chuckle, having checked the message from your drummer. "Whoa, man. Doesn't he know you work tomorrow?"

"That's what I said! But, you know Mordok."

"Who are you gonna see?" you raise an eyebrow. 

"Hah, I don't even know," Wesley chuckles. 

Damn, you really don't, you think. I better not fuck up tonight

"That's exciting," you smile. 

"I guess. I'm a bit nervous. I've never been to the Jackrabbit before."

"Who bribed you to go there, Wes?" Riker joins in the conversation. "Uh, sorry to eavesdrop."

"Mordok, and he just bought an extra ticket. The person he was gonna go with canceled on him," Wesley explains. 

"Ah," Riker nods. 

...

Your shift ends before Wesley's, so that gives you enough time to get ready for sound check and everything. The staff are happy to see you and your band again, and help everyone set up the stage.