xxxi. swiss is a mf--cumulus (ghost b.c.)

Dewdrop pissed Secondo off, so after getting yelled at and then promptly dismissed from the day's duties, you, Swiss, and Dewdrop are enjoying the day off outside around the fruit trees.
Cumulus is around here too. She was over by the herb garden the last time you saw her, but she's not over there anymore. Someone must have summoned her.

Listen, you know it's such a trope to like your best friend. You goddamn know it makes you look like a simp to be hopelessly in love with Cumulus. You two have been the chaotic ghoul duo since you were summoned as one of Copia's ghouls. The air ghoulette and you just clicked as soon as you met.

And then you hit your one year friendiversary and suddenly Cumulus looked a lot better in her going out clothes. 

Surely it was just a platonic feeling.

Plot twist: it's been six months and the feelings are only getting stronger. Worse yet, there's a tour coming up soon.

"Look, there she is! Come on, ask her out," Swiss breaks you from your thoughts and nods over towards the lemon trees, where Cumulus is trotting about.

"Eh, I'll leave her alone," you shrug. 

"I don't think she'd want to be left alone while her best friend is right there."

Okay, fine Swiss. You know logically that he's probably right, but the nagging voice in your head scolds you that Cumulus does not need to be disturbed. 

"Such a shame that Y/N HAS NO ONE TO HARASS THEM RIGHT NOW!" Swiss calls.

"You're an asshole," you scoff. 

"The word is 'wingman'," Swiss pats your shoulder and turns away as Cumulus bee lines at you.

"You rang?" There's that gleam in her eye that you know so well. 

"Technically Swiss did," you shrug. 

"So you don't want me here?" Cumulus gasps sarcastically. 

"Oh shut it, you know I love you," you roll your eyes.

"I do, actually," Cumulus walks with you through the trees with her arm slung around your shoulders. 

"Huh?" you look over at her. "Ah, right." That was probably platonic.

"So, I heard it's going to be a full moon tonight!" Cumulus changes the subject. "All the air and earth ghouls are gonna have a little ceremony over here tonight, if you'd want to join."

"You sure? Earth ghouls are always weird about separating the different elements," you raise an eyebrow under your mask. 

"Course I'm sure. All the earth ghouls love you," Cumulus pats your shoulder before releasing it entirely as you continue to walk through the garden. 

...

The bonfire is actually going quite well. Despite being a water ghoul, the earth and air ghouls welcome you into their full moon ceremony, and everything is very pleasant and lovely. 

Yeah, until Swiss saunters in, half drunk and looking for you because there are some "urgent matters" or something.

"Goddamn, what?" you stalk up to him, holding his shoulders so that his back is straight. "You know they don't like alcohol at these things."

"Have you told her yet?" Swiss reciprocates your shoulder grip by grasping onto your forearms. 

"Oh for satan's sake, you're still on this?" you roll your eyes. "It'll happen when it happens, Swiss."

"Cumulus! Dewdrop broke your tambourine!" the multighoul yells over your shoulder. 

If there is one holy rule in the Ministry, it is to not mess with a band ghoul's instrument, even if you're a fellow band ghoul. You just don't touch their shit. 

Especially if it is Cumulus's custom hand engraved tambourine made with actual incantations and endurance spells. 

Yeah, she's over there immediately and in a total rage until Swiss tells her it was all a ploy to get her over here. 

"Were you in on this?" Cumulus glares at you. 

"Nope. I didn't want him to yell in the first place," you huff. 

"Right right, so I needed you right now because Y/n is a little bitch and is too scared to ask you--"

Not even a thought crosses your mind before you deck Swiss in his drunken face to get him to shut up. The ghoul groans in pain as his ass hits the ground. 

"Ask me what?" the air ghoulette leans closer to you, making a blush scratch at your face. 

Your eyes nervously dart down to Swiss on the ground. "It doesn't matter."

"Wait, I'm curious now!"

The ghoulette's gaze is looking through your soul right now. Her eyes hold yours captive and for a very crucial moment, you're paralyzed. 

"They're in love with you!" Swiss's muffled voice sounds. 

"What?" Cumulus hums, looking down at Swiss. 

"Y/n is in fucking love with you!"

"Shit," you mutter, looking away and clawing at your neck to relieve your anxiety. 

"Oh, shut up, Swiss."

Whew.

"I'm not lying!"

Cumulus stops for a second. You can see her eyes going between you and Swiss for a moment as it clicks in her head that you're incredibly nervous and Swiss is in fact telling the truth. 

"Satanas," Cumulus exhales. 

"I'm sorry, I really didn't mean for it to-" you start, but you're cut off by Cumulus throwing herself onto you in the warmest, tightest, most bone crushing hug you're ever felt. 

"I'm in love with you too," she mutters. 

"Well that's very nice, but I'm still mad at Swiss," you glare down at the ghoul, who's giving you two thumbs up as she staggers to his feet.

"Worth it!" he call as he stumbles back inside.

"I have to say, I agree," Cumulus pulls away from the hug. 

...

a ghost one for the first time in a while!