iv. reserved--perceptor (g1)

Of all the Autobots, Perceptor is your favorite. He's such a sweet and comforting bot and he's more soft spoken, which you like considering you're a bit reserved and quiet. 

He's also adorable and gentle and handsome if you do say so yourself.

It's not like he knows, or anyone else, really. Optimus might have picked up on it, but that's likely because Carly definitely has and she just gossiped to Optimus.

Every Autobot knows how reserved you are, so from that they can infer that you'd have a tough time telling anyone you're interested in them, especially an Autobot considering Autobot-human pairings are...unorthodox to say the least. 

...

You smile to yourself as the final bell rings. The day is finally over and you can go see Perceptor! There's some drama going on at school that he desperately needs to know about, and you're also sure he has made some discovery you'll get a lecture about. 

Carly drives you over to the Autobot base, where you make some small talk as you walk in until Perceptor greets you in the hall.

"Good afternoon, Y/n!" the Autobot smiles as he kneels down and opens his hand for you to climb onto.

"Hey, Perceptor," you step into his palm. 

"How was our day? Did anything interesting happen?" Perceptor inquires, lifting you up and carrying you over to his lab. 

"Well, funny you should ask, but I actually got my hands on some high-level intelligence today," you grin and begin to spill the tea about some popular couples you don't really care about. It's just interesting to watch all the drama unfold like a reality show. 

Perceptor, to be blunt, normally wouldn't care at all about drama like this. Even on Cybertron, he only bothered to worry about someone's heartbreak if it was his own or that of someone he cared about. 

But there's just something about the way you tell the stories of the drama that captivates Perceptor. He pretends to busy himself with random jobs in his lab as you talk to him, sitting on the counter and leaning on a device you think could be a centrifuge. You tell him various small details about the day and despite how it looks, Perceptor listens attentively. 

The conversation switches gears when you ask him about what he's done all day. Perceptor explains his whole project to you. 

Now, it's common for you to not really get all of what Perceptor tells you about his projects, but today you honestly do not get anything of what he says, no matter how many questions you ask. There are always parts of Perceptor's projects that you don't understand regardless of questions. Sometimes things just get lost in translation since you're not very computer-adept and Cybertronian science is whatever is more complicated than rocket science. It's become a little embarrassing for you to not understand what Perceptor's doing all the time and you worry that he thinks you're an idiot even though he has assured you multiple times before that no one else gets what he's doing. You know he doesn't manufacture weapons or poisons, so that can be crossed off the list. The machine looks a bit like Wheeljack's immobilizer, but it's smaller and you think its purpose is to manipulate radio or sound wave frequencies. Either that or it can generate force fields. God only knows, really. You're pretty sure you're in a bit too deep in this conversation to ask the baseline "what the hell does it do?" question.

It's fine, fake it till you make it...no matter how supremely embarrassing it is.

The evening carries on and you get increasingly paranoid that Perceptor knows you're a lying idiot.

...

It's worth mentioning that at absolutely no point in time has Perceptor ever thought that you're an idiot. He adores you for listening to his rants about random science things that few others aside from Brawn and Wheeljack care to listen to. He loves your presence in his lab, how your eyes light up when you talk about something you're passionate about, your voice when you relay drama to him. It's all beautiful to him. Not to be dramatic or anything, but Perceptor would probably let the Decepticons brutalize him if he could make sure you were okay. 

Only Wheeljack has picked up on Perceptor's feelings for you. When asked not to tell you anything, Wheeljack simply replied, "You are lucky Y/n and I aren't closer" and walked away. 

It's been a week since that incident and Perceptor has never been so paranoid. This must be what Red Alert feels like all the time. 

...

It's Saturday and Carly is picking you up to take you to the Autobot base.

"Well hey there, Y/n," Carly grins at you. "Ready to see Perceptor?"

You roll your eyes to hide your blush. 

...(so sorry about the amount of time skips I'm tired rn)

It's about 5 in the evening and you are hiding in Perceptor's lab because sometimes the Autobots give you sensory overload and you need a dark place to hide in. Unwittingly, you fell asleep laying on a towel on the counter and none but Perceptor walks in about 5 minutes into your nap. You can tell there's something going on, but you don't fully wake up, so you're in a kind of sleep limbo. 

Perceptor is about to turn the lights on in his lab when he spots you laying asleep on a rag. It takes actual labor for the Autobot not to "aww" at you, but he keeps quiet for the sake of your sleep. Perceptor notices your jacket next to you, so as quietly as he can, walks over to you, and places the jacket over you like a little blanket. He gives your head a little friendly pat  and wishes you a nice nap.

...

thanks for reading! let me know if you want a part 2 :) 

love you lads