iii. not you again--john lennon

1957

yeah lads we got a TEDDY BOY ERA ONE 

John Lennon, the tough, edgy teddy boy, is hopelessly in love with you. He zones out the few occasions he's in class and watches you as you draw or write in your many sketchbooks. He wonders what you're writing or how your ideas come to your mind. He is enamored with the stuff you make in art class, to say the least. 

And yet, every time he's tried to talk to you, he screws it up. He always gets so nervous that he seems aloof and cold, even rude when he talks to you, which isn't out of character, it's just not how he wants to come off. John knows you tend to be reserved and quiet, so he can only imagine that him being...well, an asshole to you isn't helping his case.

Still, he writes little poems about you and smiles to himself imagining getting his sh*t together enough to pick you up for a date with a rose and a clean car and the kind of politeness that would impress your parents.

...

You glance up from your sketchbook to look at the clouds as they pace across the gray midafternoon sky, closing your eyes and slowly zoning out until a raindrop falls on your cheek. 

You grab your pens and close your sketchbook and as you look up and for the second time today, notice John Lennon walking around on the other side of the park. 

"Ah, not you again," you mutter, recalling his callous attitude toward a barista in a coffee shop earlier today. It's a bit of a shame that he seems like he would be a decent person but maybe he just hates you.

You put your stuff in your messenger bag and get up as the drops start falling more quickly. 

John notices an opportunity as he looks over at your predicament. He's not quite sure where he lives, nor is he at all confident of his driving ability, but he can drive at least. Maybe he could impress you or stop at a coffee shop with you. Maybe he could go on a drive with you...

"Snap out of it," John hisses to himself, getting in a quick glance at you as you adjust your jacket right before he hustles over to his blue car. He starts the car and makes what he is sure are multiple asshole moves out of his parking spot, but as long as you didn't see them, they didn't matter. 

John is determined to be nice to you. He will be a gentleman. He won't flirt, that's probably not the best thing to do.

He pulls up next to you as you walk down the street. The sprinkling has picked up into rain and as John asks you, very politely you must admit, if he could take you home. 

"Hm," you raise an eyebrow. "Not gonna be an ass?"

"I promise I'll be nice," John smiles a little bit.

"You don't know where I live."

"You could tell me."

The rain falls harder and you take a deep breath. "Fine."

"Alright!" John genuinely smiles. You tell him your address, but he doesn't really get it, so your sarcastic self has a good time detailing landmarks near your house. 

"So, y/n," John gets the guts to start a conversation. "I hear you're an art person."

"I am," you confirm with an intrigued eyebrow raise. 

"I admire your work."

"I admire yours," you admit. 

"You...you what?" John stutters.

"I think your band's pretty good and so is your other art. Your style is fun to look at," you smile a little bit, looking straight ahead at the rain pattering against the windshield. 

John grins to himself.

...

"So, love, do ya think that, uh, one day we could go out for a coffee?" John says on an impulse as you open the door to get out. 

"Hm," a little smile flashes on your face. "Sure. I think this has potential."

...

thanks for reading my comrades! i love you all :)