liii. sunshine--paul gray (slipknot)

Paul's pov 

I'm playing around on my bass in the bedroom while Y/n is in the living room doing some work. We've been doing some long awaited laundry today because we're both only down to four band shirts split between the two of us. 

"It's dry," Y/n appears with a death metal growl and our sentimental Marshall's Halloween blanket. 

I smile upon seeing them and expect them to just throw the blanket on the bed in front of me, but instead they unfold the blanket and throw it over my shoulders. It's still nice and warm from the dryer. 

"Thank you," I mutter, going back to focus on playing bass. 

I play a few notes until a pair of hands reach out, grab the bass, and lean it gently against the nightstand. Y/n then replaces the bass with themself on my lap before giving me one of their precious smiles. 

"Hey there," I reach up and tuck a stray bit of hair behind their ear while my other arm moves to rest on their back. 

They wrap their arms around my neck before attacking my face with little kisses, just little pecks everywhere. I can feel the warmth of a blush spread across my cheeks with every kiss. 

I adore this person. This one is the one I want. I adore this sunshine human. I worship them. 

Y/n pulls away from me as I hold them closer to me. Their loving gaze meets mine and I melt right in their arms. 

I wrap the blanket around my partner to pull them closer, but my plan is foiled when I'm tackled all the way down so that I'm laying down with Y/n adjusting their cuddle position while our legs are tangled together. 

"That works, too," I chuckle. 

"Good, let's take a nap," they nestle into me while giving me a little back rub. 

"Mm, sounds nice," I agree. 

I can tell that Y/n is already getting a bit sleepy, so I mess with their hair and tuck them comfortably under the blanket. 

"I love you," they mutter. They kiss my cheek before laying their head back down next to mine. 

"I love you too," I hum. "I'm gonna marry you someday."

"Make it someday soon."

Damn, okay. I mean, you got it, Y/n.

...

short af, sorry about that. not a huge fan of this but i need to put something out

been depressed a while so i might as well make some ultra fluffy paul shit to help my brain and it kinda worked

thanks for reading :)