xiv. jeffrey-- SCP-049

a/n:

i kinda lost track of how i wanted to do this series because i've been overwhelmed with school and I watched this video by SCP Explained so watch that for context but I think it would be fun to write so enjoy this nice little dumpster fire!

link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e_YF5LQor4

...

It's a Sunday, which according to your guard means that the researchers don't want to do anything and are going to give you a break on the testing (you were also told that the string of testing should be over soon anyway). 

You're taking a nice time lounging in your rafter hammock  when something hits your shoulder. 

"Hm?" you hum, looking around until your gaze falls on a small envelope bound with a thin black string. 

Maybe curiosity does kill the cat, but you hear that every day from people who think they're clever, so you tug the string off and open the envelope.

Hello, Y/n-

The sender of this message is SCP-049. I write in peace, and only to know if you are doing alright, as it has been agonizing hearing your cries for help late at night. I worry that being here has caused you significant distress, and I would like you to know that as a fellow confined one here, you are not alone in your struggle. It is not easy to be stuck in one place all the time as the world resumes its daily activities without you. Living here as an anomaly is painful and isolating, so i extend an offer to you:

Would you like to be my friend?

We could communicate through the vent, at least as long as we do not get caught and keep each other some sort of company. 

I hope to receive a reply soon; take care,

SCP-049

Your tail swishes excitedly around and a smile crawls onto your face as you reread the message. A friend! Finally, some company again! 

...

It's been a few days since the initial letter and you have spent in total 6 hours talking to the plague doctor. It's been so enriching for you to kind of talk to someone again.

Since obtaining a friend, there has been something new within you. A greater patience for the Foundation, perhaps? 

More like you just knew what to pay attention to. The specific taps on the wall you two share, or the times where you catch his gaze for a picosecond. 

...

You thought it was going to be a normal day. 

You thought wrong. 

Dr. Bright hauls ass into 049's cell, startling you as you watch him work. 

"Jeff Bezos is here and we might all be f*cked, so can you help me?" Bright begs. 

"Certainly," 049 nods, pulling a scalpel into the pouch at his hip before running out of the room. 

You are next to be adopted, but you and 049 were ambushed by some amazon people soon after and separated. So, you let your cattiness take over as you climb into relative safety. Being a moving target dressed in all black and hopping over fluorescent lights is a good move on your part, but you're still alone and those people will catch up eventually. People always do. 

Where's 682? It could help you. Or 999. 

You sprint across rafters and light fixtures and whatever other structures hang off the ceiling to get to the Keter wing. It's not like you'll be able to release one on your own, but surely your chances of survival are better there. 

Unfortunately, you arrive right above a massive battle. Bright and Bezos are battling and SCP guards and amazon people are shooting at each other. It's utter madness.

Worse yet, Bright is losing badly. He's being slammed to the ground for the second time in the minute you've been frozen on the little ledge you're on. 

Oof. 

Your first instinct is to shrug and let the Foundation lose. The guards deserve to have their asses handed to them, but do the SCPs? 

You notice something running down the dark hall behind the fighting. It's a lanky figure, so it's anyone's guess as to which anomaly it is, but at least it's an anomaly. You climb carefully down to see the one and only plague doc. 

"Why, hello there," 049 stops to look at you. "Come, we must free 096 to aid Dr. Bright."

You nod, running after 049 on a new mission. 

...

It's been such a day of fighting. You're exhausted and burnt out, but you cannot give up now. 049 has stayed with you though it all and now you need to outrun another heap of amazon soldiers. 

"There's guards behind us," you pant. 

"They're chasing us into somewhere."

"Like your cell," your eyes widen as the plexiglass comes into view.

"Indeed."

The amazon soldiers were in for quite the surprise when they were trapped in 059's cell. 

"Oh, dear, you're as pale as the ghosts you're about to be!" you grin at them. 

...

You eat a nice dinner with Dr. Bright and 049 that night, each of you knowing that there will be some room upgrades coming soon.

Helping to beat Bezos's ass did get you somewhere. Hell, it got you a social dinner.

...

I'm sorry this isn't great, I'll probably edit it later. 

but here's your chapter, I hope it was satisfactory and thank you to everyone who's read this so far!

also, how would you feel if I added monster high, molchat doma, and power rangers one shots?