Director D x Injured Reader

(A/n) You were on a mission with Director D when things go wrong and now Director D is taking care of you because he blames himself for you getting injured. I hope you all enjoy.

{I'm so sorry it's all my fault.}

You and Director D have been working together for almost two years now. It's a bit normal for the two of you to go on missions together and honestly you enjoyed those missions more than the others. But probably not this one as while you two were on your recent mission a few things went wrong to which caused you to get pretty banged up from the mission. You were in the hospital for a few days before returning home and being told to take two weeks off in order to recover. Director D has in fact visited you almost every day even when you were in the hospital he made sure that you were alright. Even though you did appreciate him helping you out with recovery you can't help but notice that something seems to be bothering him. You have asked him several times if he was alright to which he would say "I'm perfectly fine don't worry about me." You knew something wasn't right and you weren't going to take no for a answer anymore so the next time he came to check on you that's when you were going to interrogate him. The next day Director D shows up at around noon the normal time that he would get to your apartment. You both were talking about how everything was going on at work since you were in recovery mode. That's when you decide to drop the question again and then saying "I know something is wrong and I'm tired of you giving me the same answer which I can tell isn't true what so ever. So are you going to tell me the truth this time or am I going to have to find out myself." You said to Director D who for the first time you have seen at least he lost his composure for a moment andwas very hesitant. It was silent in your apartment for a good minute as Director D finally says something that makes you shocked. "It's all my fault that you're in this position. I should be the one injured not you. But no I screwed up during the mission and you got badly injured because of my stupidity. I don't honestly understand how you don't hate my guts right now for the fact you got injured because of me-" Director D gets cut off when he hears you saying "You better shut your mouth before I make you. First of all how would you have known that the mission was going to go south on both if us. Second of all you weren't the reason I got injured it was the lasers that neither of us knew about. So tell me how can this possibly be your fault in the slightest way possible? Because honestly I have no idea how you could of been the reason to me getting injured at all." You said to Director D as you saw he had tears falling down his face to which you walked over to him and hugged him while he returned the hug you said to him "You have nothing to feel sorry about. This wasn't your fault at all. So please stop blaming yourself for something out of your control alright?" You said to him as he calms down a bit before saying "I'll try my best not to but I can't promise that it won't happen again." Director D says as you respond with "As long as you try your best that's all I care about now how about we watch something on the tv?" You said to which he agreed with you as you to watched a few movies together while on the couch and soon enough you two fall asleep holding each other close as a movie plays on tv.