Rumpelstiltskin x Hero Reader

This was a request by PoptropicaFanatic I hope you all enjoy!

{Why did they save me?}

Rumpelstiltskin was currently possessing Red Baroness and he knew the Red Queen was chasing after them. Well mainly he was the Red Queen's target but that doesn't mean she will spare Red Baroness if it means she gets Rumpelstiltskin. Anyways he managed to separate himself from Red Baroness as she sits by a wall as Rumpelstiltskin tries to lose the Red Queen. Unfortunately for him he gets cornered by the Red Queen and when the Red Queen gets ready to swing her hammer he shuts his eyes expecting to feel pain within a few seconds. That wasn't the case though as he suddenly feels himself get pulled to the side and he falls to the ground as he hears a crash from where he was just standing as he hears Red Baroness shout "OH POP (Y/N) GET AWAY FROM THEM!" To which after he hears that he looks over and sees the player on the ground unconscious as the Red Queen gives a small huff as she suddenly vanishes in a cloud of black smoke. Red Baroness runs over to where (Y/n) was and picks them up before she starts running off leaving Rumpelstiltskin alone with several questions in his mind. (The...that hero saved me? Wait why did they do that? I thought they hated me for all the chaos I have done?) Rumpelstiltskin's brain pondered these questions as he suddenly realized he is feeling something new that he hasn't felt before. Was he gaining feelings for the hero? He thinks so but he's more worried about if the player was okay as he immediately teleports away to try and find them. He has checked several islands and even home island expecting the hero to be at home resting but it turns out Red Baroness had taken them to a hospital. Rumpelstiltskin decided to try to convince Red Baroness to tell him where the player was but the only way Red Baroness would is if she was with him in the hospital room with the hero and he doesn't use any magic. He agrees with these terms as Red Baroness leads him to where the hero was. You were currently in your hospital room laying in your hospital bed looking outside the window of your hospital room. You were just in your own thoughts until you hear a knock on your hospital room door. You turned your head away from the window towards the hospital room door and saw it was one of the nurses who was taking care of you. "Hello (Y/n) sorry to bother you but you have some people wanting to visit you if that's okay with you?" The nurse asked you to which you gave her a thumbs up since your head was still hurting from the incident. When she sees the thumbs up she nods her head as she walks away to get the visitors and then comes back to say "Alright they'll be in here in just a moment I'll be back in about an hour to give you something for your headache if the pain gets worse." The nurse says to you before walking away and as she walks away you hear two pairs of footsteps coming to your hospital room. As you looked at your now open hospital door you see that it was not only Red Baroness but Rumpelstiltskin was with her and when he saw you he looked like he was about to collapse. "Hey (Y/n) sorry for the sudden visit but Rumpelstiltskin wanted to talk to you about what happened. I'll be in here as well to make sure he doesn't try anything." Red Baroness says to you as she sits down in a chair in your hospital room while Rumpelstiltskin kinda stood frozen in his spot until you waved him over to which he hesitates a bit before he slowly walks over to where you were. Once he was next to your bed he was hesitate to say something for a moment before he finally says something to you which was "Hey hero uh I mean (Y/n) I just wanted to thank you for well saving me from the Red Queen. I also wanted to apologize for causing you to get badly hurt. I didn't think the Red Queen would still search for me if I escaped Fairytale Island but...I was wrong." Rumpelstiltskin says to you and from the look in his eyes you could tell he wasn't joking around about his apology for you. You give him a small gentle smile before carefully moving your arms around him and giving him a hug as a way to say to him I forgive you Rumpelstiltskin to which e froze a bit in the hug before he carefully hugs you back as a tear falls down his face. Red Baroness saw this and smiled to herself knowing that this most likely will mean that things might be able to be sorted out in the future but for now she's just gonna stay quiet and let Rumpelstiltskin and (Y/n) have this moment.