Prologue

this book mentions mature topics such as suicide, murder, suicidal thoughts, swearing, abuse, and many other things. I encourage you not to read this if those topics are triggering, since it is mentioned in almost every chapter I will not be putting a tw at the beginning of every chapter, this is your warning. listen to it, and if you don't I am not responsible.

secondly, I am not comfortable writing detailed, non-PG scenes. I will give you a general idea of what they are about to do, but I will repeat, that I do not write those types of scenes because I am uncomfortable with them.

***

December 24th, 1988 English Countryside 

The twenty-six-year-old sat on the snow-covered creekside. Her face was washed in grief and sorrow. She stared at the water letting the grief consume her imagination, she had been there for hours. Her scarlet cheeks and pale face brought a sickening look to her presence.

"Maman?" a distant voice called "Maman!" the haunting sound echoed through the hills once again.

Then suddenly a younger girl was present, could be no older than nine, she was running through the thick snowy field to the woman. The older must be her mother, but the girl kept running, shouting for her mama after seeing where she was in the snow.

The young girl made her way to the older woman and brushed her hand across her face. "Mama you must come inside, you're freezing." Her English so underdeveloped rolled into French "S'il te plaît maman"

"tu can't be out here maman tu vas mourir de froid" The young girl pleaded with her mama to come inside but the woman did not move she did not speak, her heartbeat was slow and her hands were white. she was dying.

"Maman please!" the younger girl now crying tried to pull her mother up but there was no use she was too small to lift her.

"I'm going to see him again mon chéri" the older woman spoke hoarsely "Oh how he would've cared for you" now looking at the girl.

"Your maman loves you, but she can't live here anymore, she can't suffer any longer" her voice now merely a whisper as she started to go limp.

"Maman?" the girl said, shaking her mother. "maman!?" she spoke again "Maman!!" she was now screaming and shaking her mother trying to see some sign of life but there was nothing there, the girl bawled and bawled wiping her tears on her fur-lined sweater. "please maman, please don't leave me..." she now whispered into her mother's ear.

it grew dark as the girl sat there holding her mother that she didn't even remember they had company coming over for the holidays.

a tall man approached them, wearing mostly beige and brown colors, with very patchy ripped clothing. he dropped to his knees and held his arms out for the girl to fall into as she wept.