2. Welcome To Hogwarts

As we pulled into Hogsmeade station I had just finished putting my robes on over my clothes after a few errors with the buttons. "so? how do I look?" I ask the twins

"very witchy," Fred says as he pats me on the shoulder. "that's a good thing"

"you look good" George smiles as he grabs my bag from the floor and hands it to me.

"Thanks, wait wheres jade?"

"oh, um she's sleeping in my bag..." Fred goes red "I can keep her with me until we go back to our dorms if you like?"

"oh erm thank you," I say as we leave the compartment

I put my bag under my robes so it wouldn't look out of place with the plain black and fancy dress shoes.

me Fred and George all walked to the train platform as I heard a taller woman calling all the first years to the boats. "I guess I have to go with the first years seeing as I'm new. so uhm I hope to see you all later" I smile at both of them with a wave

"see you after the feast!" George called back as they walked away.

"Fred, did you really have to take the girl's cat?"

"She's fluffy!"

I could hear the distant bickering of Fred and George as I walked with the first years to the boats. most of them giving me odd looks as we walked and, I don't really blame them, I am a 15-year-old first-year. I decided to ignore their looks as I got into the boat setting sail for the castle.

I was still in awe of how beautiful everything looked, the castle had towers upon towers shining with little glimmering lights that reflected off the lake, but the lake was what I adored more than anything else.

I had always been a fan of going to the lake, my mom used to take me every Sunday and we would pretend to be mermaids swimming in the big sea saying that this big rock was our home. during winter when the lake froze over we would go ice skating and pretend we were famous athletes with adoring fans, I was grateful I had such fond memories with my mother, I had something to look back on.

I was interrupted from my thoughts when the first year beside me started speaking

"miss?" she asked shyly

"yes?" I respond in the kindest voice I can muster

"I'm not trying to be rude but Uhm, why do you look so.. old?" the little girl's face turned bright pink

I laughed at her statement "I'm technically a 5th year but I switched schools so like all of you I have to be sorted." I give her a smile as I finished

"oh that's cool, what's your name?" she asked as we were approaching the entrance

"Rosalie" I didn't want to say my last name in case she knew who Sirius black was.

"I'm Hannah, also... is the sorting scary? my brother said it was"

I laughed again at the young girl "they just put a hat on your head and it tells you your house" I eased the girl's nerves with my statement.

just moments later we had arrived at the boat docks getting off one boat at a time. The boat dock was absolutely magnificent, there were twinkling candles on every wall illuminating the corridors where the stairs were located.

I along with the first years all walked up the grand staircase and were greeted by an older woman no older than 70, she had a stern face and a black pointy hat but she also had a very welcoming energy to her.

"Welcome to Hogwarts!" she said cheerfully "in just a moment you will be sorted into your houses, they are so named, Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin. while you are here your house will be like your family." a few students looked at each other as she continued "now, let me see if they are ready for you." the older woman walked through the two big doors and was out of sight.