41. Umbridge's Rule

The headmaster's office felt different now, it was no longer full of warm buzz as it had been the past few weeks during my lessons with professor Dumbledore. He helped me learn a great deal about how to control my powers and recognize what things about my day-to-day life come from them. the one that caught my attention most was that one of the perks I got from this was enhanced beauty. Pretty Awesome if you ask me.

Though this was not awesome, Umbridge had me by the arm and harry on the other while Theo was simply standing there. I assumed she didn't have as much of a problem with him as with us. my eyes wandered around the office scanning over faces as much as I could, another perk, I had somewhat of a photographic memory or a human scanner of sorts. a sinking feeling was pooling in my gut and I didn't like it, mostly because I didn't know why it was there.

As I looked up at the headmaster he had a serene expression and composure as our group of four darted into the room. McGonagall was different though, she stood rigid in terror at what came before her eyes, she knew this wouldn't end well.

my eyes caught sight of Cornelious fudge, the minister of magic who wore a pleased grin as he rocked back and forth on his feet. beside him was Kingsly shackle bolt who seemed neutral about the situation and was paired up with a rather short man I didn't seem to recognize.

That's when I saw him for the first time, I had seen many photos and heard many stories but this was the first time I saw him fully in the flesh. Percy Weasley hovered excitedly by the wall with a quill and a heavy piece of parchment in his hand. Git.

All the former headmistresses and headmasters who normally would be asleep were wide awake watching the scene in front of them about to unfold. Right as the door to the room finally, shut and we had stopped walking harry and I both released ourselves from Umbridge's grasp, I was certain I would have bruises on my arms tomorrow.

The only good news that had come out of this so far, was that George got away and so did Fred, lee, Adrian, Blaise, and all the others. thank merlin for that. I took a glance at Theo who looked just as worried as I was, I wasn't used to seeing him not wearing a goofy grin with a cute little giggle to follow. it was unnerving.

"Well," Cornelious fudge tutted "Well, well, well..." Harry, Theo, and myself all scowled at him with the nastiest look we could muster.

"He was heading back to Gryffindor tower, That potter was" Umbridge spoke with such vicious excitement it sent chills down my spine. "these two were hiding away in a bathroom" she nodded to Theo and me. "the Malfoy boy and Parkinson girl found them."

"Did they?" fudge asked with a sly grin. "I must remember to tell Lucius. Well Potter, Nott, Black... I expect you know why you are here?"

"yeh-" harry started

"not a clue" I interjected making my face look rather bored even though I was trembling with fear. I couldn't have detention with Umbridge, I couldn't.

"not in the slightest" Theo added hiding the terror emitting from his body.

"yeah, we are very confused about why you've dragged us in here." I followed crossing my arms.

"I beg your pardon?" fudge said with a cough of disbelief.

"you are pardoned." I flashed innocent eyes with a small smile, Harry and Theo both had to hide their snorts and I could've sworn both professor McGonagall and dumbledore almost laughed as well, it wasn't very funny but the confidence I had to do it was funny. "need a cough drop? might help with that cough-"