39. 18 April fools

March had now officially blurred into April, making today April first, meaning it was George and Fred's birthday.

I had a little surprise party planned in the room of requirement for my two favorite gingers. Lee, Theo, Harry, Ron, Ginny, Adrian, Hermione, the whole of the Gryffindor quidditch team, and a shocking appearance. Danny and Dawson whom the twins actually knew, had all been planning the party along with myself.

Tension was high during some of these gatherings to plan the party which I will admit, confused me deeply. The group of friends had never really had any problems and I wasn't the only one to notice this, Adrian did too.

We tried our best to work through the awkward moments in the group and finally had everything planned, so on April first I nearly sprung out of bed, falling onto the floor as I did so while my smile just grew.

"Are you dying?!" Danielle screeched groggily sitting up in bed obviously watching my tumble.

"no!" I smiled "it's the twin's birthday today!" I scrambled up off the floor running to my drawers pulling out different outfits and hair accessories trying to find the best thing I could. I never really had trouble picking outfits until it came to impressing George, I know I shouldn't dress for anyone other than myself but on some occasions, I couldn't help myself from wanting to dress to impress.

"need some help?" Danielle asked plopping down on my bed with sleepy eyes. "I'm the one with the best fashion in this dorm room so..." I snorted with a giggle.

"yes please, I like my style and all but I just... I don't know!" I sighed slapping my hands on my face "help me out here!"

"yes, ma'am" she nodded going to look through the pile of clothes I had just flung down. "I have an idea" Danielle's eyes brightened as she held up a blue and white plaid-designed skirt.

"I haven't worn that in ages!" I squealed sitting down beside her and looking through the clothes. "maybe a white undershirt? definitely my Mary Janes but what to go over it...?" I looked over to her expecting to see her looking through clothes but she was staring at Audrey's bed, I frowned.

"she hasn't been the same since, well yeah" Danielle sighed gently moving clothes around. "I miss her, but she keeps distancing herself from me no matter how many times I tell her it's ok."

"she hasn't spoken to me really since I barged in..." I frowned again "I miss her too, not in the way you do of course but I miss being able to come in here and tell you both how everything had gone during the day, and how we gave each other advice"

"she misses you too" Danielle smiled softly "but she can't help but be worried you hate her and are just lying, she's always had trust issues, her family is horrible to her so its hard for her to believe you when you say you don't care even if you truly don't mind."

"I've never cared, my mum taught me to love everyone when I was a child and I was only ever with her so I never got taught anything against anyone unless they were cruel." I rested my hand on Danielle's arm with a giggle "maybe that's why I have a thestral Patronus, kind and pure at heart"

"and can sometimes beat a boy bloody!" she started giggling too as she pulled out a dark green cardigan with a gasp and a dramatic voice. "THIS ONE"

"It's perfect!" I smiled taking the cardigan from her hands "thank you, for the help, and for the info... ill try talking to her again." I reached over and hugged Danielle tightly. "now, I have a surprise party to set up!"

I jumped up grabbed my wand and made all the clothes fold up and rest back in their spots in my drawers, I then folded the clothes I planned on wearing for the day tripping on a shoe as I did so making Danielle snort from across the room.