23. Badger Boy (under editing)

(GRAB THE TISSUES EVERYONE, ITS TIME FOR TEARS. Also many things in this chapter will be changing soon, not major things but the story of Cedric and Rosalie will be.)

Fred and George stood behind me as I knocked on the large wooden door of Mr. and Mrs. Diggory's home. Amos had responded back within 2 hours of me sending the letter saying he would be delighted to see me, he also mentioned how he loved the photo of Cedric and I. at least there was some good news.

"Their house is much nicer than ours I must say," Fred says looking around. "I mean I'm pretty sure that is a floor-to-ceiling window-"

"Rosalie" Amos's voice said hoarsely as he opened the door. "and oh- the Weasley boys, what are you doing here?" he asked curiously.

"they brought me here" I smiled weakly. "I won't be of age for another 8 months," I said softly "may we come in?"

"of course, of course..." he replied, "come on in, Jane has just finished lunch..." he trailed on walking out of the doorway.

I looked over at Fred and George who gave me reassuring looks, I smiled sadly as George intertwined our hands. We walked into the house greeted by an overwhelming wave of grief, I always believed grief was contagious to anyone around it and I was right. Mrs. Diggory sat at the counter cutting up sandwiches while Amos, who now had a cane walked over to her slowly.

the sight was depressing, I felt horrible for them. my face fell as we walked in, I looked around the house, it was mostly a one-story house all except for a small closed-off loft at the back of the house. Cedrics room. my eyes lingered on the wooden door that opened into his bedroom, I thought about how many times he had probably walked in and out of that door. it made me sad, a door made me sad. merlins beard what's happened in the world?

"rosalie!" mrs diggory said in the happist voice she could muster bringing me into a hug.

"ello mrs diggory," I said quietly, my french acent that was usually hidden for the most part tended to come out when I was sad or with certain letters, right now I suspected it was the grief.

"Hello boys," she said with a weak smile turning to the twins. "sorry what are your names again, ced used to speak highly of you."

I went rigid, ced, how could she speak about him without being teary-eyed? amos seemed to think a lot like myself, his eyes were glossed over at the mere name of his deceased son.

"oh," george said nervously sticking out his hand which mrs diggory shook slightly. "I'm george."

"And I'm Fred" Fred did the same as his brother greeting her kindly.

"well im happy you have come to visit rosalie," she said turning back to me "are you hungry?  I can always cook up another sandwich?"

"oh no im fine, thank you." I sighed quietly turning to the boys "could you wait in the living room or something?" I mumbld quietly and they both nodded, it felt as though they understood how I felt without me even having to tell them.

George released my hand after giving it one final squeese and a gentle kiss on my forehead. I turned back around to Mrs. Diggory who stood there sipping some tea and looking out the window.

"im sorry," I said quietly taking a spot beside her. "about cedric"

Mrs. Diggory's weak smile faded, and she looked over slightly "he really cared about you," she said with her smile returning. it seemed as though talking about his memories and adventures comforted her. "he wrote to us telling us many stories you had told him, wouldve considered you his sister if anyone asked."

"Really?" i croaked out.

"mhm" she hummed taking another sip of her tea. "all of the letters you wrote to each other, they are in his bedroom." she added quietly "if you would like to have them... theres also" she paused, she sat down her tea turning her head slightly to amos. "honey?"