12. The Death Eaters Son

Educational decree number 24. Umbridge had found out about our little meeting in the hogs head and banned all student organizations, clubs, and teams until they are passed through her. Most of the members went straight to Harry that Monday morning, but I went straight to Theo demanding we go straight to Umbridge.

"why? we were never planning on telling that old bat about it anyway so why would we now?" he questions stuffing a piece of toast in his mouth and letting his feet swing back and forth slightly.

"I'm not talking about that stupid meeting!" I whisper yelled in the bustling atmosphere of the great hall.

"then what are you talking about?" Theo's mouth was now half full of eggs.

"quidditch!" I say hushed "it's a team! meaning it's banned, we have to get her to reinstate it now!" I whack him over the head "so get off your fat arse and let's go to Umbridge."

"Well no need to insult my gorgeous body." he huffs with a pout.

"gorgeous by troll standards" I smile grabbing him by the arm and pulling him up "now come on"

"I'm coming I'm coming you, crazy lady." he smiled with a little giggle.

Theo and I walked straight past Gryffindor's table getting looks from Harry, and the Twins but we didn't acknowledge them even when they tried to talk to us, our eyes were glued on Umbridge as we marched our way there.

Once at the staff table we put our smiles on and greeted the professor kindly no matter how much we hated it. "hello, professor Umbridge," I say happily, followed by a greeting from Theo.

"yes, Miss Black?" her face tensed at my name but she didn't break her mock sweetness.

"Well, we are here today to discuss the Slytherin quidditch team. we noticed the new educational decree and we wanted to waste no time, we have been practicing so hard and are quite certain we can make it to the end and win."

"Well Miss, I was a Slytherin myself when I went to school here, and I would hate to see my own house not be able to compete because of my orders, but I don't see why you should be able to get my permission to play, where you've been a very disruptive student."

my mouth gaped open "what?" Theo said in disbelief. "she's the best player we've got, we can't win without her and we just spent 8 hours practicing yesterday."

"I may be able to make an exception, if and only if, Miss Black serves a week of detention, she must be punished for her outbursts," Umbridge said with a smile

"but I haven't-" I tried to start but snape interjected.

"she will serve them with me. I had already given her a week of detention for her outbursts, the same reasoning you have and I am her head of house. she will be serving them for me."

Umbridge looked inraged while Theo and I just looked absolutely flabbergasted. "yes, Professor I see. you may re-instate the Slytherin quidditch team. and miss black you may play. good day to you."

And that was that, Theo and I walked away. "I hate that woman, I utterly hate her." I spat. "she wasn't punishing me for my outbursts, she was punishing me because of my father." I huffed

"you mean because of his reputation?" Theo asks wearily.

"yes, the ministry is still after him, they blame everything that Voldemort is doing on Sirius." it made me happy that Theo didn't wince every time I said the dark lord's name.

"I don't think the things they are blaming him for arent Voldemort's doings but he still is a mass murderer" Theo tried to be sympathetic.

"no, he isn't!" I said louder than I meant getting a few stray stares. Theo sensing my anger didn't press on the issue no matter how much I could tell he wanted to. "ill talk to you later, I'm going to go sit with the twins."