6. Outstanding

I stared in awe at the piece of parchment, Sirius was giving me a step-by-step guide on how to become an animagus, and by this, he was giving me his permission and that's all I needed, a smaller note slipped out of the envelope reading 'i became on in my 5th year, and so will you' 

I smiled as I sprung up running to the castle parchment in hand needing to show Fred and George, I ran back up the path out of breath into the great hall seeing the twins sitting with lee Jordon, who I assumed had arrived after I had left. 

not caring I ran right to them. "come with me!" I pleaded yanking on George's sleeve

"what why?" Fred asked, "I'm eating my toast!"

"eat toast later this is more important!" I retorted

"come on Fred, she's all giddy, it's funny." George smiled "can lee come?"

"yes! now come on!" I drag George out by his hand while Fred and lee followed close behind 

"she's hyper that one is" lee joked to Fred

"no, I'm just excited, and for good reason."

"And why is that?" asked George

"you'll see" I smiled knowing they would love this.

we ran back down the path to the large oak tree by the lake where I had just been, as I instructed them all to sit down I spoke. "now I've brought you here for something very exciting." I start practically jumping up and down "this piece of parchment is something that will change your lives forever!"

"Just tell us already," Fred said all childish not wanting to wait any longer, with this I handed him the paper and watched his jaw fall. Fred passed the paper to Lee who passed it to George all having the same reaction

"Now do any of you know how to produce a Patronus?" I smiled still giddy as can be

"no," they all said in unison

"oh, well anyways an animagus form is on average the same as the person's Patronus if you had a badger Patronus you would most likely be a badger. get it? if your Patronus is a magical creature you won't turn into that, animagus is only non-magical animals."

"so I can't be a unicorn? got it." George teased leaning back on the tree trunk.

"no George, you cannot be a unicorn." I sighed "so, do you guys want to do it?"

"hell yes," lee says immediately. 

"I'm in" Fred smiles

"I don't know rose... if I can't be a unicorn..." George started "of course, I wanna do it."

"ok, the first step is to carry a single mandrake leaf in your mouth, lucky for us Siri-Remus put extras in case I didn't get it on the first try." I handed each of them a leaf "now he also provided a spell that helps with the saliva and keeps it to the side of our mouths so we can eat and stuff." 

lee began to put the leaf in his mouth "no lee stop!" I shouted

"What!?" he threw the leaf down. 

"We have to wait until next Friday, the full moon" they all made a small o shape with their mouths. "then we must keep it there until the next full moon"

"wait we have to carry it for a month?!" Fred blurted out

"yes.. that is the spell. anyway, here is the spell for saliva and foodstuff" I handed them all a small piece of parchment with the spell tenere

"now that, that's sorted... I say we go pranking" George stood up scooping me up onto his shoulders. "it's the birthday girls' day so, who do you want to prank?"