7. the moment

over the past few days, the twins along with lee and I have been preparing for the full moon where we would be starting our animagus transformation. I also made sure to write to Remus and tell him everything was going to be alright and that I loved him.

"We can't go in there you know," lee says as we stood outside the second-floor girl's dormitory.

"Nobody will know, nobody goes in here"

"why not" Fred questions raising his brow

"you'll see" I smile, finding out about moaning myrtle from Hermione a few days ago gave me the perfect place to do this.

"erm whatever you say," George says suspiciously

"ok does everyone still have your mandrake leaf?" I ask the group with a murmur of yes's following shortly after. "now what we need to do is hold the leaf in our mouth, until the next full moon which is..." I check the date I had written on my arm earlier. "October 11th"

"so you're telling me I have to keep this nasty leaf in my mouth for a month?" George says in a monotone voice.

"yes exactly." I give him a stern look and then smile "now put the leaf in your mouth..." I instructed, and the group looked at the leaf as if they were rethinking their choices before putting them in their mouths.

"it kinda tastes like mint" lee comments

"agreed" we all hummed after, but what bothered me worse was the texture.

"ok now use the spell we've been practicing," I instruct pulling out my wand. a sudden jerk was felt of the leaf being sucked to the top of my mouth. "that felt weird"

"so what now? do we just go about our lives?" Fred asks

"well basically, we don't have to do anything else until next month" I give them a smile "oh shoot uh, I have to go!" I start scrambling my bag together.

"where are you going?" they all say in unison

"quidditch practice. the first game is in a few months but Theo has us practicing like crazy. uh, see you guys at dinner??" I ask leaving the door

"see you there," George says back as I left.

the walk from the second floor to the quidditch pitch was tedious. I was thankful that I could keep my broom and playing clothes in the Slytherin locker room instead of having to go back to my room every time.

I saw Adrian heading down to the pitch as well, at least I'm not the only one whos late. I looked up at the sky seeing large storm clouds in the distance hoping they could hold off until practice was over, knowing Theo would reschedule making my life a bit more difficult.

as I approached the pitch a few minutes late I could hear Theo barking orders to the team, and not wanting to make him even more upset I threw on my clothes as quickly as possible not even caring about just being out in the shared locker room with only my underclothes on. I regretted this decision.

"shit shit shit" Adrian mumbled walking in and making me squeal "ah god!" Adrian closed his eyes stumbling backward. "sorry sorry!"

I pulled my pants up following shortly after with my jersey. "no I'm sorry I shouldn't have just changed out in the open like that!" I hit my hand on my head as Adrian opened his eyes.

"you can always do it again" Adrian wiggled his eyebrows laughing

"no you perv!" I roll my eyes

"I was joking!" he smiles "c'mon we've known each other for a few weeks now, I can make weird jokes"