1. September 1st

I woke in fright trying to recall if what had just happened was a dream, or real. After waking myself up more I concluded it was a memory,  but it was over. Shaking my head I looked over at my clock, reading seven twenty-two.

"merde" I groaned, realizing I slept twenty-two minutes longer than I meant to. I wanted to be the first one down in the kitchen so I could avoid all the guests in the house, but hah, I'm pretty sure not a single one of them even knows I'm up here, well except for Remus, Sirius, Mrs. Weasley, and Dumbledore... but other than that.

My bedroom was on the top floor of Grimmauld Place and I was grateful, it made it easy to avoid as many people as possible. I wasn't much for talking to strangers, I didn't even know what all of the people in the house looked like until yesterday.

I hated it, thought it was genuinely ridiculous and it only brought up horrible memories I didn't want to live or hear about but, oh well.

Sirius had convinced Harry to let him borrow the invisibility cloak for the day so I could sit down and eat dinner with Remus and Sirius for the first time this summer, but up until that day they had been sending Kreacher up to my room with my dinner and lunch knowing I wished to not talk to any of the visitors.

I didn't want to talk to anyone. 

And the only people I did want to talk to, well they were dead.

I put on my slippers resting beside my bed and made my way downstairs. I was trying to be as careful as I could knowing that everyone else would most likely still be asleep right now.

 I made my way to the ground floor where the kitchen was located, I was now able to walk normally but when I walked in I saw something I was not expecting. 

Harry Potter was sitting right at the table looking at me.

Harry quickly stood up startled, I mean what would you do if you saw a fifteen-year-old girl standing in her teddy bear pajamas at the ass crack of dawn? "Now Harry calm yourself, that's just my daughter," Remus said quickly, clear panic in his eyes.

"y-your daughter?" Harry asks sitting back down while I awkwardly walk to the cupboard.

"yes," he began with a stutter "but if you would like to be technical I adopted her"

I was grabbing the bagels from the cupboard when I heard the pubescent boy start speaking again, but it was to me. my eyes went wide, "so what is your name?" he asked nicely

"Rosalie," I said slowly as I put the bagel into the toaster with a slight thump.

"so.. have you been here the whole summer?" he asked sounding a bit awkward, only a little, I think I was more awkward than him. 

I blinked a few times while staring into the toaster.  

"yes, but I've been up in my room avoiding all the, well, people? it makes me uncomfortable." I shrugged, opening the fridge to grab the butter and blackberries for my bagel. "except for last night," I looked at my feet, "I uh used your invisibility cloak so I could eat with everyone but not be talked to... it was ridiculous but well dad one and dad two insisted."

"so that's what Sirius needed it for?" his brows furrowed with confusion, looking to Remus.

"yea, they wanted me to eat with them at least once this summer" I grabbed a butter knife and began to put my breakfast together. This was the most basic, unappealing breakfast choice but I liked it and well, who cares. 

noticing my clear awkwardness, and slight annoyance that I couldn't place they began to talk to each other again. But being dramatic as ever, Sirius came down a little later grabbing a copy of the daily prophet, and made his way to his unassasigned seat at the table "Bonjour Rosalie," he hummed opening the first page.