3.

The full moon came and unfortunately for Sirius even the animals could tell something was bothering him. This caused the wolf to attack, clawing Sirius' animagus in the face with anger.

Sirius rushed off in his dog form,James had to divert the attention the wolf, chasing him around the forest. Once he knew the coast was clear, he seemed refuge in Madame Pomfreys ward. He couldn't tell her how he'd got the injury, but deep down she already knew. She saw to his wound, giving him a bed for the night.

Meanwhile, James and Pete tried to keep the wolf in the forbidden forest. He was growing restless and angry, wanting to hunt for the dog. It didn't want to attack Sirius again, but rather make Sirius cheer up. It has by far been the worst full moon for all of them.

When Remus changed back, it was the most pain he had ever experienced. He was covered in deep wounds, he knew that something went wrong. Remus was besides himself with guilt when he was informed of the nights events.

He had never wanted his friends to become animagi for him. He had always stated and insisted on how dangerous it was but he was proved wrong. The wolf was calmer to have his own pack by his side- his injuries were virtually none existent- until last night.

Remus had several deep scars running down his chest and arms, the worst injuries he had sustained since the pack were a no show last year. The only scar that bothered him  covered Sirius left cheek, it was deep and would be there for the rest of his life.

"I'm sorry Pads." Remus says again, shaking his head, "I can't believe this fucking happened."

"Not your fault." Sirius mutters rolling the sleeves of his leather jacket up, "I wasn't myself. Besides I look badass."

James sighs, "You've been so distracted this month, what the hell is going on?"

"Did you parents send for you again?" Pete asks, taking some chocolate from Remus' bedside.

James elbows him in the ribs, glaring at him for being insensitive. They always had to trek carefully when mentioning the Black family. Pete glared back, concerned for his friends well-being and just wanting to get to the bottom of it.

"Nothing like that." Sirius shrugs, "It's just life."

"Oh good, he's depressed." James says clapping his hands together, "We can fix that in no time."

Madame Pomfrey re- enters the room, followed by Kate, who nervously glances at the four boys. She's wearing an oversized sweater but the bump is protruding underneath. Sirius' follows the bump with his eyes, before Pomfrey closes the curtains around them, secluding them from the watchful eyes of The marauders.

"I just need to examine you, it's nothing to worry about." Madame Pomfrey says soothingly, "I have to monitor you whilst you've had no movement- have you been stressed out at all?"

Sirius listens in, his heart beating against his chest in fear that the baby hadn't moved. The other Marauders sit quietly, each silently worrying for Kate and her unborn child. Sure they'd made fun, placed bets and teased eachother relentlessly about being the Dad but nobody wanted anything bad to happen.

"They're placing bets on who the Father could be, it's a new guy every single day." She whispers, her voice cracking as she starts to cry.