64.

TRIGGER WARNING: IN DEPTH CONVERSATION AND FLASHBACK ABOUT CHILD ABUSE AND MURDER. Happens towards the end when Draco opens up to Phoenix. I have included a two of + signs to show where it starts and finishes so you can skip if needed!! As always take care of yourselves and your mental health first 💗

Selene stopped talking altogether. She didn't have the energy to talk anymore. It made her feel guilty how much she was hurting, when Phoenix and Marlie had lost their brother and Kate and Sirius had lost their son. She felt like perhaps she shouldn't be hurting this much, because what had their relationship even been? They weren't together. They'd kissed a few times but ultimately they were just close friends who lived together. They hadn't really been anything, despite how badly she wanted him and how much she craved him. They hadn't been anything.

Remus tried to coax her out of bed, tried to continue her education but she was just as numb as Sirius and Kate. She could hear Remus talking to her but she couldn't hear the words. She never knew what he was actually saying, she could just hear the softness in his voice.

Selene had never lost anyone before, other than her Mother and she had been so young when she died, that she hardly remembers her. Zion, however, she knew like the back of her hand and remembering him hurt just as much as his death. Part of her wants to erase all memory of him somehow. She figured there must be spells for that kind of thing. The other part of her is adamant that she should never forget him. Never let go.

She rereads the letter he sent over and over again. It wasn't much but it was written by his hands, the hands she would never hold again and it was all she had that tied them together. A reminder of what they had if anything. She had often thought about the future, especially once she turned sixteen. She had all sorts of ideas of what they could do together, travelling the world that he promised to show her or learning to cook and following his favourite Quidditch team around the world for a year. They had so many plans and such little time, they thought they had forever.

"Sel?" Tate says as he knocks on the bedroom door, "We need to-"

"Go away." She mumbles, hiding her head under the pillow to block out his voice.

Tate sighs loudly, "Sel."

"No."

The next thing the bedroom door flies open, Sirius marches in and sits on the end of her bed. She removes the pillow off her head and stares at him, the guilt stinging inside her chest- she had no right to act like this when his Father was there. He looks back at her, dark bruises circling his eyes from where he hadn't slept for weeks. All the weight he'd gained back from starvation in Azkaban had fell right off again, he looked skeletal and weak.

"I know." Sirius says, "It sucks and it hurts, but he would not want you wasting away in bed. He was proud, you know? That you were getting an education despite being a werewolf."

"He said that?"

Sirius shakes his head, shaking a black book in his hand, "I read his diary."

"Oh he would hate that." Selene says blinking furiously as the tears started to fill her eyes.

"I don't think he would've minded." Sirius says, "Especially if it meant people around him knew what he thought of them. There's quite a few pages about you."

He places the diary on her lap and smiles encouragingly. Selene didn't feel comfortable reading someone's diary, it felt way too personal like reading someone's thoughts. His thoughts.

"You might not have been together but you weren't nothing." Sirius smiles weakly, "You were something."

"Something." Selene repeats as she picks the diary up in her hands.