58.

Selene slams her head on the table, she was over the homeschooling. It wasn't that Remus wasn't a fantastic teacher, it's just that he wasn't letting her practice wand magic anymore. Ever since she accidentally smashed the windows, he'd kept the wand away and focused on books. Selene could appreciate that her reading and writing skills had improved drastically but she would still like to use wand magic. She wanted to be like Zion and the others. She couldn't be like them if Remus was hesitant in teacher her.

It admittedly wasn't the only thing weighing on her mind, she had seen what Kate was like with Marlie and had started to crave their relationship. It had her wondering about her own Mother, missing someone she didn't even remember, someone she didn't even know.

"Spill." Remus says sitting besides her.

Selene shakes her head as Tate walks in, he rises his brows at her and takes the seat opposite them.

"What's up?" He asks, frowning at Remus, "You know you can talk to us?"

"I don't want to hurt you guys." She whispers softly.

Remus blinks, "What do you mean?"

"I just want to know about... her." She hesitates, "What was she like? Did she love me?"

"Oh Sel." Tate says letting out a long sigh of relief, "That would never hurt us."

Remus nods, "Your Dad knew your Mum a lot longer than I did."

"Her names Amelia, you know that already but she was raised wild by.."Tate gulps as tears fill his eyes, "Gwen and the others.. Gwen was the pack leader, she raised most of us. Amelia for a long time was the only other girl, most werewolves..the females get sterilised but no one knew of Amelia's existence, which meant she was able to have you."

"But what was she like? What did she enjoy? Was she bad? She was part of Greybacks pack.."

"She wasn't bad." Remus says, "She was afraid. She didn't want to lose you to the ministry. Greyback offered protection that no one else could, it was guaranteed you two could stay together if you were with him."

"She enjoyed running." Tate snorts, "She had so much energy that she would just run around for hours. She was always restless. She couldn't ever stay still.."

"Why don't the ministry like werewolves? It's not like we asked to be like this."

"People are always afraid of what they don't understand." Remus smiles kindly, he places his hand on top of hers, "They see one version of us and sweep us all under the same rug."

Sel nods, "Can't we change that?"

"We can keep trying but it's making people listen that's the real struggle."

"I'll make them listen."

Remus and Tate exchange soft smiles, listening to their daughter as she rants about what changes she will make. They're grateful that she's still young enough to have dreams and ambitions about the world. Her freckles cheeks flush red and her eyes sparkle as she speaks excitedly about changing the laws.

Remus used to be the same he realises. Before the war, before the ministry and the truth about his time at Hogwarts.. he'd been passionate about changing things. Then he lost that spark, but as he watches his child come to life before his eyes with that same drive he once had, he feels it returning in his bones. Not for him but for her. He wants change for her now. He wants her to have the freedom that she deserves.

                                   ********

Sirius and Kate continued taking advantage of their kids being away. Luckily for their house guests, Sirius remembered the silencing charm more often now. It also meant that they were louder whilst they made up for lost time. Sirius didn't think it was actually possible for him to ever tire of Kate.