75.

Draco rubs Phoenixes back as he throws up again from the unexpected disapparation. He never wanted to do that again. He finally looks up seeing the dark building standing up ahead- the infamous Malfoy Manor. Draco drags Phoenixes arm as he marches him through the exquisite gardens, Phoenix even thinks he sees white peacocks but puts it down to being disoriented.

"Whatever you do.." Draco warns, "Don't think. Voldemort can read minds."

Phoenixes eyes widen,"He can what?"

"Just close your mind off, try and bury the stuff that'll get you into shit. He has to be certain you're one of us..or he will just kill you Nix." Draco warns, his eyes pleading with his cousin, "I'm sorry we haven't got time to prepare you. I should have done more."

"It's not your fault." Phoenix mumbles, peering at the open door ahead.

Draco keeps Phoenix behind him as he enters the house. Phoenix can't help but look around at how grand and pristine the entry alone is. Everything is gleaming, but sudden movement grabs his attention as Dracos Mum comes rushing forward and tugging Draco into her arms. She squeezes him tightly, Draco hugging her back quickly and then she plants a firm kiss on the top of his head.

"You're safe now my darling." She whispers, her eyes glossy with tears.

She pulls herself together, not allowing any emotions to show and turns to Phoenix. She offers him a sad half smile, trying to mask her confusion and horror at Dracos guest. She hadn't known, but she would recognise a child of Sirius Black anywhere. They all had the families fair skin, dark hair and hallow faces.

"Phoenix." She breathes, her voice shaking slightly, "You best join us."

The two boys follow timidly behind Narcissa, Phoenix attempts to copy the way Draco keeps his head held high. The way he manages to mask any fear or anxiety as they enter the drawing room, filled with death-eaters. They're all sat around a long table, staring curiously straight at Phoenix.

Peter Pettigrew blinks in shock, the younger Black brother looked an awful lot like his brother. His heart sinks remembering when Zion had become a big brother, how protective he had been over the new baby. The children really had been the making and maturing of his former friend.. he had taken that away. Not a day had past that he didn't feel remorse and all consuming guilt for his actions .

He hadn't any choice. They were threatening to kill his family. His sister and her children. He was forced against his will to reveal the location of the Potters, he was under the Unbreakable vow. But what he did to Sirius...he could have changed that. He could have explained the truth, but instead he chose to frame Sirius so he could get away and check on his own family. All he had was the Dark Lords word after all.

The Dark Lords word had been meaningless. His sister, her husband and two children were still killed. It had all been for nothing.

Peter had been found out, it wouldn't have taken long for the death eaters to realise or the dark lord. So he went willingly, full of fear but willingly.. it had meant a great deal to the Dark Lord, that Peter had been the one to find him. With the Dark Lord, Peter was safer and he had a home..he wouldn't be killed but as he looked at Phoenix, he realised he would die before he let anyone hurt him. Phoenix had been his nephew once, just like Zion and he wasn't there to safe Zion but he was here now. Here now with Phoenix.

He wasn't stupid. He knew it wouldn't make up for any of the things he had been forced to do of the years. It was just one right step. Peter would do anything to live, he feared death more than anything but for his nieces and nephews he would chose death over and over and over. If only Lord Voldemort had said he would kill Peter, not his sister and her family, if he didn't give the Potters location- then maybe James would still be alive now. Instead they were all dead and Peter was alive, unhappy and not really living, just existing. He had been waiting for his own end for a very long time.