54.

T/W: Mentions of eating disorders and eating habits and suicidal thoughts. Please skip if you need and remember to take care of yourself first!

"She's fine." Sirius says again, trying to reassure the two boys.

Zion doesn't believe him, what does he know about Marlie's heart condition? He's not been here for any of it. It's day three and she's still in bed. Phoenix glances nervously at his older brother, he wants to believe his Dad but Zion knew best. Zion always knew when something was wrong with Marlie.

"I know you don't like me making promises but her heart is fine." Sirius says as he gets up off the sofa and leaves the two brothers to sit there and question him.

He knows Zion doesn't trust him but Kate doesn't want to leave Marlie's side and the boys are too paranoid to go into her room. They didn't want to see her if she was sick, they had enough trauma of her weak pale body from their childhood. They remembered what it was like clear as day, they didn't need reminders. There's no one else to reassure them, Sirius is certain they'd listen to Reg if he was here but he's off trying to find Horcruxes. No one outside of the family, apart from Remus and his family, know about Regulus being alive. It's safer this way. The less people who know a secret, the less chance it has of being revealed.

Sirius knocks on the bedroom door and opens it, Kate is sat next to a sleeping Marlie. She looks up at him with a quick smile, "Hi."

"How's she doing?"

Kate shrugs, "It's weird, she's just throwing up but her entire life it's always been.. she never had a common cold, it was always the extreme. Now she's just being sick, her heart is fine."

"I tried to tell the boys but they don't believe me." Sirius mumbles, staring down at Marlie.

He can't imagine her looking worse than this, her pale clammy skin and her sick bowl by her side. Her hair is stuck up in all directions with sweat. She looks terrible but he knows he's lucky, he's heard about her lips turning blue and her heart stopping and it's clear it's traumatised Kate and the boys.

"I'll talk to them." Kate says standing to her feet, "Just don't leave her okay? If she needs to be sick, help her incase she's too weak to sit up. Don't let her choke."

Sirius nods, "I've got it don't worry."

Kate takes another glance at her daughter before leaving the bedroom and closing the door. He hears Marlie fidgeting besides him and turns to look at her, taking Kates seat and holding her hand.

"Thank god she's gone." Marlie mumbles with her eyes shut, "She's so overbearing."

Sirius chuckles, "Shes just worried about you."

"I know but Zion and Nix are allowed to be sick in peace." She sighs, opening her eyes and looking at her Dad, "I haven't been sick for two days. I'm just sad, I don't want to get up."

"Because of Cedric?"

Marlie nods slowly as tears start filling her eyes, "I've never seen a dead body before but whenever I close my eyes.. it replays in my head."

"Oh Marls." Sirius sighs, moving the sick bowl and getting into the bed besides her. He wraps his arms around her as she cries.

"That's not even the worst part." She cries harder, "I saw the way Nix fell to the floor, the way he screamed when he realised Cedric was dead. That's the worst bit."

Sirius strokes Marlie's hair as she continues to cry, "It's okay, Marls."

"I don't think I like Hogwarts very much." She whispers, "Bad things always happen at that school."