22.

Several members of the order barge through the doors of 12 Grimmauld Place, Alastor Moody breaks the ropes off Lily and James with one swift movement. They grab their wands off the side where Regulus had abandoned them.

"Only Orion and Walburga are here." James mumbles nodding towards the door.

Moody grunts, kicking the door down. Orion fires off spells, Moody managing to dodge every single one and stunning Orion to a sudden halt. He smiles at Walburga who's clutching the toddler in her arms.

"The rest will be arriving soon." She says calmly.

"Walburga let the child go." Moody instructs calmly, "We only want to ask you a few questions down in my office."

Walburga laughs, "You're under the impression I will come willingly?"

Moody flicks his wrist, his wand firing a spell at her feet. Thick black ropes force themselves up her legs and around her waist, she clutches Zion even tighter- knowing the ropes will wrap around him too.

Kate pushes past Moody, James trying to stop her but she doesn't cast a spell. She marches forwards, punching Walburga in the face. Walburga loosens her grip slightly, giving Kate chance to grab her child. Then she turns around and punches her again.

"That one was for Sirius." She spits, turning away from her.

Walburga starts to giggle manically, "You're trying to save him but it's already too late."

James grabs Kates wrist and pulls her towards him and Lily, glaring at Walburga. Her laugh echoing around the house, her facial expression remains calm but the laugh would haunt them for the rest of their lives.

"The Black bloodline is cursed." She says her eyes shining with glee, "He's cursed."

James pulls Kate away, "We're leaving."

"REG-E!" Zion babbles, pointing upstairs towards Regulus.

"Come on then." He ushers, the front door flying open again as his cousins arrive.

James, Lily and Kate rush upstairs, following Regulus to his cluttered messy bedroom. They don't have time to look around properly but it's like any other teenage boys room.

"Want me to spell you again?" James asks.

Regulus grins and nods as James stupefy's him once more, his head hitting the floor beneath him. His wand clattering next to him. They can hear the rush of footsteps coming up the stairs, James forces Kate to step into the fireplace.

Once she arrives at the ministry, she steps out clutching her son tightly and letting her tears fall. He's safe. He's safe. He's safe. Lily steps out behind her, closely followed by James.

"We need to find the floo to mine. It'll be in my Dads office." James says, taking Lily's hand and leading the way.

Kate stays close, holding her son as tightly as physically possible. Afraid that if she lets go, he won't be there.

"REG-E!" The tot shouts again, looking around for his uncle.

James shakes his head, "Best not let your Dad hear you say that one."

"REG-E!" He laughs, James even checks behind them to see if Regulus had followed. (he hadn't.)

They enter the lift, James presses a button and they start heading down.

"Are you hurt?" James asks Lily, stroking her face with his thumb.

She shakes her head, "Are you?"

"No.."James pauses for a moment, "I don't think so.."