12.

Kate lets out a pained scream, screwing her eyes shut as a more intense contraction hit.

Remus continues trying the door with a lack of support from an anxious pale Pete. He refuses to look in the direction of the scene, tying his focus to the door but the screams were making him all too aware of what was happening.

Sirius stood besides Kate,stroking her sweaty blonde hair as she squeezed his hand. He scrunched up his face as she squeezed too hard but bared it. She needed him right now. He closed his eyes at the sound of her screams, she was in agony and it reminded him of the cruciatus curse. He had to open his eyes to remind himself of where he was, minutes away from becoming the Father he never had.

"I can't do it." Kate sobbed as another painful contraction ran through her body.

"You don't have a choice." James replied unhelpfully, "The baby is coming either way."

"Thanks James. Very helpful." Kate responded sarcastically through gritted teeth.

"You're welcome!" He smiles.

Sirius continues to stroke Kates hair, he watches in awe as she bravely bares some contractions without a scream. He admires her in a new way as the more painful ones cause her to cry and let out whimpers. Remus stands on the other side of her, allowing her to squeeze his hand too.

"This is all your fault Sirius Black." She cries out as the pressure builds up in her stomach.

Sirius shakes his head, "No sweetheart, it takes two." He cups her face, making her look at him. Her big green eyes make his heart leap, just like that first day with her. "I know I was an ass, but you and this baby mean everything to me..I love you,Kate."

"I love you too." She whispers gently, smiling into his hand.

Suddenly the classroom door swings open, a panicked looking Regulus stumbles into the classroom and darts towards Kate as she starts screaming and swearing.

"I can't believe that fucking arsehole locked you guys in."

"How you know shes in labour?" Remus frowns, grimacing as Kate squeezes his hand.

"Snape said something about Kate being in pain all lesson." He growls, "Then I overheard him bragging about locking the door."

The Mauraders exchange looks of disgust as Kate continues to scream.

"So he locked us in on purpose, knowing that she was about to give birth?" Pete gasps, anger flashing across his face, "Excuse me lads."

Pete leaves the classroom, no longer sickly white with his fist curled besides him. Sirius is at one side of Kate, Remus at the other and James next to Sirius, patting him supportively but trying to keep his eyes away from the danger zone.

"Who's catching the baby?" Regulus asks as he leans against the cold stone wall.

The three lads look up at Regulus confused. Kate screams through gritted teeth, digging her nails into Sirius' hand as Regulus shakes his head in disbelief.

"Un- fucking- believable."

He heads to the bottom of where Kate is lay, her legs spread open in front of his eyes and lifts her skirt up.

Sirius clenches his fist, "What the fuck are you doing?"

Regulus rolls his eyes as he removes her knickers, "I don't swing that way, brother dearest. I can see the head."

"You're gay?" James asks at the same time that Sirius says, "The head? Okay. Ookay. Okay."

"Kate, you're going to need to push." Regulus tells her, "Remus, go and get Madame Pomfrey- bring towels. Sirius keep supporting her, James keep supporting him. No one faint."