27.

The full moon was a success. Remus had never felt more free as he run amongst the trees with the other wolves, howling at the moon and splashing in the water. The transition didn't hurt much. The excruciating pain he usually experienced was none existent as he welcomed the wolf instead of dreading it as her normally did. He ran for miles with Tate and some of the younger boys, Amelia stayed by the water with Daisy- her maternal instincts taking over.

Once they awoke the next day, Gwen checked them all over for injury. A few of the lads had injuries from play fighting, the wolf being stronger than them but it wasn't anything Remus had ever experienced. They were all able to walk back to their home without assistance. All thirteen of the children spent the day sleeping or lounging around, snacking and reading. Remus spent the day marking the children's work, adding notes on how to improve and ensuring to include plenty of praise.

At nightfall, they went to the kitchen area for food. Gwen always did extra the night after a full moon. It reminded Remus of the marvellous feasts they had daily at Hogwarts. Everyone ate gratefully, including little Daisy who tore into a chicken wing hungrily.

"I'm so happy!" Sofie smiled as Remus handed her back her marked maths work.

"I told you." Remus smirks back, "You're very smart. Probably one of the brightest people I know."

Ben's eyes lit up as he received his own marked work, "EH?! I actually did it?!"

"You're all incredibly gifted children. You ALL need to believe in yourselves the way us adults believe in you." Remus says as he continues to hand out the marked work.

"I agree with Remus,"Rafe nods, not breaking eye contact with Remus, "You're all just as good as the normal lot."

"Better, I'd say." Remus nods.

Rafe smiles at Remus for the first time and nods, leaning over either side of him to check the markings of Walid and Daisy. Daisy drew a picture of the entire pack, including Remus and Remus stuck a gold star on it with a smiley face- not wanting to ruin it.

"I think we should add this masterpiece to the wall, Daisy." Rafe grins at Daisy who smiles excitedly.

Rafe takes Daisy into the living area, sticking tape to the back and picking her up to stick the drawing on the wall with the others. Her first drawing in her home. Remus couldn't help but smile to himself as he watched, Daisy had come out of her shell so much since she had first arrived.

Despite Rafe's tall bulky build and constantly mean expression, the kids all trusted him and that meant Remus did too, even if he hadn't to begin with. They were a family. A crazy beautiful dysfunctional family but a family nonetheless.

Ben and Walid start messing around, receiving disapproving glares from the adults as they disappear upstairs, chasing each other as they had done the night before. Sofie starts helping Lucia and Amelia tidy the table, the other children leaving to do their own things.

Hunter helps with the tidying up, clearing spillages and mopping. Luke and Gwen head upstairs to sort out some of the younger children for bedtime. Each child received a 1-1 story time every night, or a much needed 1-1 chat about things that were worrying them. Remus loved how loved they all were, often wondering how different his own childhood would have been had he found this pack before Dumbledore found him.

Tate beckons Remus to the door, leading him outside. Remus never needed much persuading to follow Tate, he'd follow him into fire if it meant being by his side. They meet in the forest, hidden amongst the trees and dark night, a safe spot away from prying eyes.

"Seeing you with the kids makes me so broody." Tate admits rolling his eyes, pulling Remus into him by the wrist.

Remus snorts, "Not long until we have our own."