62.

Sirius holds Zion, he doesn't move as he cradles his sons lifeless body in his arms. He rocks him back and fourth like he did when he was a baby as agonising gut wrenching screams escape his mouth. He can't stop the tears from falling. He wants to be strong. He knows Phoenix is with them but he can't. He can't be strong right now. He can't even look at his younger son, he can't stomach the pain that will be written all over his face.

Phoenix watches as his Dad rocks his brothers body. He waits for Zion to move. He waits for him to wake up and laugh at them for crying so much. He waits for him to open his eyes but he doesn't move. There's so much blood. It's pooled around Sirius on the floor, it's smeared across Zion's white face and drenching Sirius' arms.

"Sirius?" Remus kneels down besides him, resting his hand on his shoulder, "We need to go."

Sirius shakes his head, burying it into Zions body as he cries. It should've been him that died first. He wasn't supposed to outlive his own children. He feels his insides twist and tear themselves apart, his heart breaks all over again. He has to tell Kate. They have to tell Marlie and Regulus. Remus has to tell his daughter. They have to tell his friends. There's so many people who will feel the weight of his death, so many people who's hearts are going to break and Sirius can't stop it.

"Phoenix?" Remus tries gently, "We need to get you home."

Home.

But what was home without Zion? He stares again at his brothers body and waits. He stares in hope that somehow Zion can hear his thoughts, his pleas and will just move.

Get up.

Jokes over now.

It's not funny. Get up.

But he still doesn't flinch.

In his life, the one consistent thing he had was Zion. When they were children they caused mayhem together, running around the house and sneaking chocolate pudding before tea. They built secret forts, played pirates and created potions out of mud in the garden. As they got older, they didn't grow apart, they just grew up. They both enjoyed different things and had different friends but they still wound each other up and they were always there when the other one needed.

I need you now.

It was cruel that the only person who could stop the pain in his chest was the person laid lifeless in front of him. He'd give anything, even his own life if it meant Zion got to live.

"Why was he here?" Phoenix asks quietly, "He shouldn't have been here."

Sirius looks up, his face creases as he stares at Phoenix and he cries harder. Sirius had never known pain like it, this was the worst pain he had ever felt. Remus lifts Phoenix to his feet, dazed and confused Phoenix looks down at his clothes- they're covered in blood. Zions blood. He feels the vomit rushing up his throat, he turns away from Zions body, throwing up on the stairs. Remus rubs his back as he throws up again.

Remus watches as Sirius whispers to Zion, his own eyes burn with tears. Zion was his first nephew, his first godchild and now he was gone. The light in Zions eyes had faded, gone out and there was nothing left.

"Please wake up." Sirius begs, "We have to go home."

Phoenix sits on the steps, shaking as the reality hits him at full force. He buries his head in his hands, trying to hide his tears as they fall. He had to be strong for his parents and Marlie. It was his turn to be brave like Zion now.