16.

No one had expected to be joining the Order so soon after graduation. They hadn't expected to be attending important meetings with important people, discussing plans and routines. They definitely hadn't been expected to start joining spying missions on the ministry or dark wizards.

Any secrets between the friends were now out in the open, everyone knew about Sirius' families loyalty to the Dark Lord. They all knew of Remus' furry secret.

Perhaps extremely naively of them, but the boys believed they had at least the summer before all this chaos. One last normal summer. A chance to spend time with eachother and baby Zion before being thrusted into the adult world completely.

"Fuck!!" James yells clutching his wand as he presses up against the wall, "That was Snape!"

"Fucking deatheater scum!" Marlene gasps, catching her breath, "I knew he was a wrongen."

Mary gulps,"What do we tell Lily?"

"The truth." Remus says matter of factly.

Obviously, Lily didn't take the news well. She cried- a lot. James did his best to support her but really, how much time did she need? He had always been an evil bastard.

Lily grieved. She always assumed in Hogwarts that Snape would grow up eventually. He would outgrow his mean streak. Once upon a time he had been her best friend, her person and now he was the enemy. He was fighting alongside the Dark Lord to rid the world of witches and wizards like herself.

"Werewolves." Mad-Eye Moody announced at one particular meeting, he glanced at Remus, "We think the Dark Lord is recruiting them.."

Remus let out a defensive grunt, "I'm not if that's what you're insinuating."

"He's as much a deatheater as I am!" James says slamming his hands on the table.

Several members looked at him, a few people jumped at the sound of his hands hitting the table. Mr Porter glared at his son, who sat back down apologetically. Everyone was extra jumpy these days.

"I didn't say any such thing, but we have a mission for Remus." Moody explains gently, "On his own."

James and Sirius exchange worried glances, they had done every mission together so far and it had been spy work on the ministry or a random wizard involved in some dodgey but mostly non life threatening shit. But based on Moody's tone of voice,this was worse.

Darker..

"He's not ready."Mrs Potter says shaking her head as she stands to her feet, "They're only eighteen!"

"That makes him an adult, Effy." Kingsley Shacklebolt nods, "It's his decision."

"What is it?" Remus speaks up, "This mission?"

Everyone glanced at the top of the table where a dishevelled and exhausted Remus sat, it had been a full moon just two days ago and he was recovering. Meanwhile people were talking about him as if he was not there and that made him snappy. Sirius grabs Kates hand anxiously, squeezing it for some reassurance.

"Fenrir Greyback." Moody states, "You've heard of him I presume?"

Remus' blood runs cold, of course he knew who Fenrir Greyback was. It was the monster who had changed is entire life.  He nods stiffly, not breaking eye contact with Moody.

"Dumbledore thinks you can track them, join their ranks for awhile, see what comes of it." Moody lowers his voice, "See if they join up with you know who."

James, Sirius and Mrs Potter immediately start protesting against it. Remus stares into space. In all his life, he had never been trusted to do anything. He was sure that certain members of the order still saw him as an outsider, someone who couldn't be trusted. Moody was probably one of them.

"Just think about it." Moody says patting his shoulder, "Good lad."

Sirius was stressing. The sex had been more aggressive as he released his stress by fucking Kate. She didn't mind. Sex with Sirius was an addiction. She was just as needy with it as he was, she loved feeling him inside of her and filling her up- especially when it was borderline violent. She figured she must be fucked in the head to enjoy it.

Four months after the initial meeting, Remus Lupin agreed to track down Greyback and his pack after Christmas. It had been no great surprise to his friends but it didn't stop them from loosing sleep over it. Remus was not one of them. He was not a monster. He was not part of the wolf pack. He was a Marauder.

"I'm doing it." Remus announced casually one evening, avoiding Sirius and James' eye contact. Pete squeaked in surprise, unable to hide his alarm. Zion who was nearing six months pulled at Remus' legs. He bent down scooping the tot in his arms, "I'm not missing your first Christmas though."

"It's really dangerous Remus.." Kate whispers the words getting caught in her throat.

Sirius nods, "It's fucking dumb."

"I have to do this!" Remus sighs, "I want to know more about myself. I need to learn and figure it all out. I've spent my whole life not understanding who I am-"

"Running around with the wolves won't give you the answers!"Snaps James, "The order are using you for their own selfish gain!"

Remus scoffs, "I don't care. I have my own answers to look for. This gives me the chance to find them."

"But we already know who you are." Sirius mumbles sulkily, "You're our Moony."

Pete nods looking away from the other boys and turning directly to Remus, "I understand why you're doing it."

James and Sirius stared at Pete, their mouths open in shock. Pete never went against anything James said, but here he was all of a sudden agreeing with Remus' stupidity. It was unbelievable. So much so that James stormed out of the room, punching the door as he left.

"Uncle Moony will be back before y'know it." He whispers softly to Zion, "You take care of your Uncles an' Dad for me won't you big man?"

Zion babbles in response, reaching out to touch Remus' face. Zion meant the world to all members of the marauders. Although he didn't fight over Zion like Sirius and James did, Remus had a big hole in his heart before he was born. Becoming Zion's Uncle gave him hope after Hogwarts, in a world where he would never be able to get a job or have a family of his own- Zion gave him that. He gave Remus a future to look forward to. Somebody worth fighting for.

"I love you." He whispers into the tots ear, snuggling him tightly, "I'll be home soon."