76.

Phoenix blinks as his eyes adjust to the bright sun shining above him. He pulls himself off the ground, looking around suspiciously. He recognises where he is..except he couldn't possibly be? Could he? He can feel the sand between his toes, it makes him smile as he remembers their family holiday to Spain. It had been the first and last one as Marlie's heart had taken a turn but it had been the best one too.

His Mum, his brother, sister and Uncle Reggie- they'd had the best time. Regulus had taken them paddling in the shallow of the ocean. They built a huge sandcastle and buried Zion in the sand as he laughed. They got so much ice cream and ate it until they felt sick, having a taste of every flavour on offer.

He looks around at the bright blue sky, the soft yellow sand and the ice cream shack on the promenade. Everything was the same, except it was empty and relaxingly quiet.

"It's alright isn't it?"

He turns to his side, his big brother is standing there, he hadn't been a moment ago. He's just standing and staring out at the clear blue ocean. Zion looks...healthy and happy. For months all Phoenix could see when he closed his eyes was the lifeless, pale and bloody body of Zion..but now..

"Am I dead?" Phoenix asks him, raising his eyebrows.

Zion snorts, "Well.. I'm not alive am I?"

Phoenixes heart drops at the reminder. Zion had been dead for a while now, but it never got easier and never got any better. There was so much he had wanted to say, he never said any of it because he thought he had all the time in the world. Whenever Phoenix imagined being an adult, he would imagine it with Zion by his side. Whether that be as best man on his wedding day or drinking in bars.. he had never thought of a future without Zion in it. Zion was always there.

"You don't have to stay." Zion whispers after a short while, he turns to face Phoenix, "It isn't your time yet."

"But I'm here aren't I?" Phoenix asks, slightly puzzled, "I'm here? Aren't I dead?"

Zion stares at him, the warmth of his smile making him seem so real. His eyes were full of life, shining with memories and happiness. He was okay.

"Not yet." Zion says slowly so Phoenix can pay attention properly, "This is where we meet, you can decide to take my hand..or go back."

Phoenix swallows harshly, it was so tempting to give up and take Zions hand. It would be so easy to just die and not be around for any of the shit happening on earth. It could all be over.. just by following Zion.

"Will I see you again?" Phoenix asks.

Zion nods, "When the time is right.. but I don't like that you're here now. I want you to come back when you're as old as Albus Dumbledore so that I can make fun of you for being elderly whilst I'm forever young and handsome."

Phoenix let's out a laugh, "Do I have to go right away?"

"You can stay awhile." Zion smiles.

The two brothers walk side by side across the beach. Phoenix still can't believe he's next to his brother after so long without him.

"We're you alone when you came here?" Phoenix asks him, hoping the answer will offer some comfort to himself and his family.

"No." Zion says, "James Potter came for me."

"Harry's Dad.." Phoenix whispers, "Why did you chose to stay? Why didn't you come back?"

"The curse.. it was irreversible." Zion says sadly, "I would have come back if I could have."

Phoenix looks at his brother sadly. His heart aching in his chest for the life and the time stolen from Zion. It wasn't fair. None of it was fair.