20.

Kate gulps nervously as she reads the daily prophet, names of the latest victims imprinting on her brain. Truthfully, they were all looking out for one name in particular, Remus Lupin. Nobody had heard a thing. He was missing. As the days turned into weeks, they started to believe he was dead.

And Remus Lupin, could not be dead.

Other than her boyfriend, Sirius. Kate was closest to Remus. During their time at Hogwarts they'd been study buddies, as they got older they started a study club- helping younger students prepare for their newts. Remus was a natural with the younger kids, helping them to understand the impossible. He taught them everything he knew and appeared to have a real knack for teaching kids.

He'd have been a wonderful teacher one day, if the laws would allow him to have a normal life despite his condition. Kate and Remus were proud nerds, they both enjoyed learning about the wizarding world as neither of them had grown up with it despite their personal ties to it.

Unlike Lily and Mary, they weren't muggle born. They were both orphans in a sense. Remus' parents both killing themselves after he'd been turned, unable to live with the guilt. They were found side by side in bed, lifeless and dull. His Father had spent his whole life fighting for werewolves to be locked away, he'd branded them dangerous and evil. He turned on his own son. Once he had been bitten, Remus didn't exist to Lyall Lupin anymore, just the monster.

Kate's parents had died in a car accident. She always found it bizarre that her magical mother couldn't get herself out of the situation. She'd been placed with her Dad's side of the family, all muggles and no magic. Her Grandfather had a shock once he received the letter learning his only grandchild was a witch. He was supportive up until he died of a heart attack in her third year. Her Aunt was less supportive, blaming Kate for everything- the car accident, her grandfather - hell her Aunt Aisling blamed her for global warming- absolutely anything and everything to have a dig at her.

Remus and Kate bonded in a way they hadn't been able to with their other friends. Their other friends all had a parent or two, they all had a family who loved them unconditionally. It wasn't until he was much older that Remus realised that actually, he did have a family. He had his brothers. He had the Marauders.

"Morning mi amor." Sirius whispers, kissing Kate on the forehead and passing Zion to her.

Kate kisses Zion on the nose and he lets out a small giggle, "Morning baby! Can you say Mama? Ma-ma?"

"MOON!" He says clapping his hands together excitedly.

Sirius tears his eyes away sadly. He looks out of the window and just stares, wondering where the hell Remus had disappeared to. He'd been missing since February. It had been nine weeks.

James drags his feet into the kitchen, taking a seat next to Kate and Zion.

"Mornin'."He mutters sleepily.

James Potter was not a morning person. Sirius Black used to be worse but since the birth of his son, he was usually the first up. He now had a reason to look forward to each day. James, however, hated being woken up before 10am. He yawns obnoxiously.

"Can you say mornin' Uncle James?" He coos at Zion, who blinks at him before reaching out.

James takes Zion happily, cradling him and fussing over him. Sirius watches as James tries to get Zion to say James. He'd been trying ever since his first word slipped out, but all Zion ever wanted to say was 'Moon.'. It was like some cruel trick of nature. A twisted game from above. A constant reminder of who was missing.

"Any news in the prophet?" Lily asks as she joins the gang in the kitchen.

Kate hands her the paper, too exhausted to repeat any of the names listed.