47.

Selene has been acting. Zion isn't stupid, he can tell she's still in pain. Every time he closes his eyes he can see the blood soaking through the blanket and she refused help magically. He didn't understand why she was so twitchy around magic. Magic was bloody brilliant.

He goes downstairs, suspecting Selene is already there. She normally was. He couldn't sleep with his stupid brothers deafening snores anyway. He was doing the right thing checking on her. It's what people do for their friends. He did it for the twins and Lee all the time.

He jumps on to the sofa, next to her and waves the bottle of firewhiskey in front of her face. She frowns at him, having never seen alcohol before.

"I'm supposed to sneak it into Hogwarts for the Gryffindor party butttttt I think you'll benefit from it more."

"What is it?"

"Alcohol. I'm no doctor but It'll make you feel better."

"I feel fine."

Zion raises his eyebrow at her, "You're not a good actor."

"What is an actor?"

"Not you." Zion mutters, unscrewing the cap and drinking straight from the bottle, "Want some?"

Selene hesitates but takes a sip anyway, she struggles to swallow it as it burns the back of her throat and she gags, "Horrible."

"It grows on you." Zion smirks, taking another large sip, "Do you ever feel like the world is against you?"

Selene stares at Zion, she didn't realise other people felt the same way she did. Zion had everything. He had family and friends, he had school. He was funny and kind. He looked like that. What did he have to be sad about?

"It's rude to stare." He snorts at her, handing her the bottle.

Selene takes a sip, choking on the taste again, "I feel like that every day."

"You shouldn't." Zion says, "You're great."

His fingers brush against hers as he takes the bottle from her hand, their eyes meet for a moment before Selene pulls away. He takes a long sip, letting the liquid burn the insides of his mouth and his throat.

He hated feeling things, because feelings made it harder. When feelings are involved, it makes you want to protect people and look after them and Zion already had people to protect and look after. But whenever he looked at Selene or thought of Selene, he wanted to do those things for her too.

He'd started to imagine kissing her, wondering what it would be like to feel her lips on his. He had kissed girls before, whether it was at parties or during a game of dares or one of his three girlfriends. But those kisses didn't make him nervous. They didn't make him push the idea to the back of his mind. He just did it. Why couldn't he just kiss Selene? Why was it such a big deal?

He downs the rest of the firewhiskey. Selene side eyed him as he did, he puts the empty bottle on the floor next to him and looks at her with a smile.

"Are you okay?" She asks, tugging at her sleeves.

"My Mum should take you shopping." Zion says blankly, "I'm running out of clothes."

Selene looks down, "Sorry."

Zion laughs softy, he cups her face and pulls her to look at him, "I'm not sorry. You look hot in my clothes."

"Hot?"

"Yeah, it means you look good." Zion nods, his mind feeling a little dizzy.