32.

Everyone sits in the dining room table for breakfast because that's where Zion wanted to sit. They almost always had breakfast together around the kitchen table, but routine gets broken when children are involved. No one minds, especially James who Zion pulled to the dining room by hand. He can't help but grin excitedly that he'd been chosen.

"Moony?" Zion asks looking around at the table for the missing member of their dysfunctional family.

Sirius closes his eyes as his heart sinks, "He'll be home soon."

"I want Moony!"

"You have Uncle James!" James tries, "I have a nickname too, it's Prongs because- actually, why the hell are those our nicknames? They're shit."

"You chose yours remember!?" Sirius rolls his eyes, "Poor Pete didn't get any say at all."

"Pete!" Zion grins excitedly, "Pete come?"

"Later." Kate smiles, handing toast to Zion to eat.

"I want Moony." Zion sulks, crossing his arms and scowling.

James raises his eyebrows, "You look just like your Dad when you do that."

"Dada!" He reaches out with his hands, begging Sirius to pick him up, which he does because no one can say no to him, "I want Moony."

"He's gone.. he will be home soon." Sirius repeats helplessly, looking at Kate for guidance.

"Uncle Moony is just busy, he will come back."

"He always does." James nods reassuringly.

A sadness hung around the room, Remus hadn't even said goodbye. He just up and left without any warning. Perhaps it was harder because of the tensions between them, or maybe it was because Zion was now old enough to realise his favourite Uncle had gone. Sirius cuts Zions toast into four triangles, the same way Remus has it and shows Zion.

"Moony toast!" He grins, the toddler smiling happily as he finally grabs a piece and eats it.

Kate hisses as she rubs the side of her stomach, causing Sirius to almost drop his son in panic. She shakes her head and sits back, drinking her water.

"Braxton hicks." She smiles, "Don't look so scared."

James stretches his arms above his head, "I'm going to wake Lily up."

"Your funeral." Sirius warns from experience of pregnant women.

"MOONY!" Yells Zion suddenly dropping warm buttered toast on his Dads bare chest.

Everyone turns around to see Remus standing at the door, he casually waves to an overexcited Zion as if he hadn't left them all in panic. Sirius glares at him coldly, James presses his lips together as Remus takes a chair beside him.

"What the fuck?" Sirius mumbles angrily.

"FOok!" Zion nods, copying his Dads facial expression.

"What?" Remus frowns looking at his friends faces.

James sighs, "Mate, where the fuck did you go?"

"Oh." Blinks Remus, "I just went for a walk."

"In the middle of the night?" Sirius asks, his suspicions rising again.

A hint of pain flashes in Kate's eyes, "I thought you left.."

"What? No?" Remus blinks, "Are you alright?"

"It's Hickton pains she's fine." Sirius snaps.

James glances nervously at Sirius then Remus, waiting for the lid to finally blow. Sirius puts Zion down, he immediately runs to Remus and hugs his long legs.