56.

Sirius wraps his arms around Kate as they catch their breath, luckily they had remembered the silencing charm that night. It had been very full on, desperation and longing. They had waited so long and now they were ravenous for it, they were at it every single night for hours on end. Making up for the lost years.

"I think we should just get married already." Sirius whispers, "I don't want to keep wasting the time I have."

"Okay." Kate smiles, nuzzling into his chest.

Sirius grins wildly, "Is that a yeah?"

"Yes, I'll marry you."

"I'll get you a new ring I promise." He whispers, kissing the side of her face, "We're going to be so happy, all five of us. Our family. My family."

"Six of us you mean." Kate interrupts.

Sirius freezes, they had been so careful. He'd done the correct charms, he knew he had. He had taken all the right precautions, he didn't want more children when he had three children to bond with already. The timing wasn't right. It was the worst possible time for something like this.

"What?" He manages to say once he finds his voice again.

"The dog."

Sirius let's out a long sigh of relief, "Don't do that to me."

"He is very much a member of this family too." Kate smirks.

"Alright alright the six of us." Sirius gives in, rolling his eyes at her, "I do want to know one thing before I get you this ring."

"Go on." Kate sighs, running her fingers across his chest.

He had tried to let it go, but Sirius was the jealous sort of guy. He always had been and he needed to know who it was. As far as he was concerned, Kate was his and only his. He hated the thought of someone else having her.

"Who was the man you slept with?"

Kate sits up, staring down at Sirius as he's sprawled on the bed, "You don't want to nor need need to know that information."

"I do though." Sirius pouts, "I think I deserve to know the one guy who-"

"Sirius. It's best you don't know."

Sirius sits up, the colour draining from his face, "That just makes me want to know more. It's someone I know isn't it?"

Kate doesn't answer. Sirius stands up, bollocks naked and starts pacing with stress. Kate throws her face in her hands, she never should have mentioned it to Sirius. She should have known Sirius would spiral from this sort of information. Sirius freezes and looks at Kate with widened eyes.

"Is it Reggie?"

Kate frowns at him, "He's literally gay, Sirius."

"Right yeah.. just.. if it had been my brother I just.."

"Okay well, it wasn't so let's just move on." Kate says at the same time Sirius says,  "Or if it had been Remus, then god knows what I'd have done."

Kate falls silent. Sirius waits for the denial to come but it doesn't. She sits frozen in the spot, her eyes filling with tears. Sirius stares at her, blinking as it sinks in. Kate had been with his best mate, they had sex and neither of them had bothered mentioning it to him. He feels his heart cracking in his chest.

"Remus?" He says with confusion, "You..and Remus?"

"Sirius-"

"You and Moony?"

"Sirius it didn't mean anything!"

Sirius gapes at her, "Didn't mean anything?! Didn't mean anything? He's my best friend!"