83.

Phoenix joins the rest of the Gryffindors as they make their way to the Great Hall, he keeps his head down so that he isn't recognised. He hasn't been at the castle since Dumbledores execution and he still isn't one hundred percent sure which wand killed the elderly wizard. Sometimes he can see the moment so clearly in his nightmares, that he is certain it was him but Zions words ring in his head. He didn't think he was actually capable of taking another life, even to protect those he loved.

The closer they get to the hall, the more anxious he feels. The place is swarming with death eaters, and he wonders if he would be able to defend those he loved. If Marlie was being attacked, would he be able to kill or harm the person threatening her? He isn't sure but he likes to think he'd be a good big brother and save her. He hoped he'd do better this time around.

It takes everything in him not to lift his head and seek comfort in Theo. Instead he twirls the engagement ring around his finger nervously, listening to the deafening silence and praying they all make it out alive. He hears the double doors fly open behind him, followed my the echoing clatter of footsteps but he manages to keep his eyes glued to his ring.

"Harry Potter has been spotted.." Severus Snape announces in a clipped tone, "Anyone who knows of his whereabouts is expected to inform us immediately..anyone who is helping him will be.. severely punished."

Students start ushering in surprise and mild excitement at the thought of the chosen one coming to rescue them all. Hogwarts hadn't been the same since Snape became headmaster and the Carrow twins, who had been hired and were known death eaters loved dishing out illegal punishments for the students. Phoenix lifts his head, accidentally catching Snape's eye and his heart sinks with panic. He notices that the hall is sparse in comparison to a year ago, a great many students have left. Snape has a soft look in his eyes and then looks away, narrowing his eyes at the students.

"It seems that your school has a security problem, headmaster." Harry says boldly as he steps forward, causing several heads to snap in his direction.

"Someone grab him!" A Slytherin student yells, Ginny Weasley rushes forward to stand in front of him, shielding the chosen on with her body.

Phoenix takes the chance to seek out his fiancé and sees him holding Draco back, an irritated look on the blonde boys face as Ginny holds onto Harry's wrist.

The doors of the great hall fly open as several members of the order walk in, including his parents. Professor McGonagall starts fighting with Snape, Phoenix takes the commotion to search for Marlie in the crowds of ducking and hiding students. He notices Snape is dodging the spells, he doesn't throw any harmful ones towards Mcgonagall and if he does..he missed on purpose and accidentally takes down one of the Carrows who stand behind him. The second Carrow is taken down by Snape redirecting McGonagalls own spell toward him. Then he flies out of the smashed hall windows. Phoenix frowns in confusion, wondering if anyone else had witnessed what he did but as McGonagall waves her wand to turn the candle lights on and the students cheer- he realises no one had. He can't help but wonder if Snape was trying to help them..

He sees Harry take off out of the double doors as other students start moving around and Filch guides Slytherins to the dungeons at McGonagalls request. He doesn't understand why when they could help?

"Professor!" He calls after her, "Why did you send the Slytherins to the dungeons?"

McGonagall smiles sadly, a frail old hand resting on his shoulder, "The majority of death eaters are parents of Slytherin students, I didn't think they would want to witness what their parents are capable of."

"They should have the option, my cousin and fiancé are here to fight alongside us, Miss."

She nods her head, "Alright Phoenix."