21.

James steps into the house first, his heart beating heavily against his chest. Something is really really wrong. Sirius walks in behind him, his wand facing the opposite direction, both of them peering nervously into room. Frank and Peter behind them, waiting for something to go wrong.

Sirius enters Fleamont's office, a half finished cup of warm tea is left on his desk. He notices the papers scattered over the floor, a fallen lamp flickering on the ground and the mirror hanging above the fireplace is smashed.

Something is wrong.

He reaches forwards to the fireplace, realising almost immediately that the floo network is off for everyone. The thing about the Potters, even during this difficult untrusting time of war- they left the floo on for their closest friends. Sirius steps backwards, noticing black muddy footprints in the carpet. He bends over and touches the soil, it's fresh. It hasn't set yet.

"N-NO! NO! MUM?!NO!NO! PLEASE?! M-MUM?!"

Sirius jumps to his feet and rushes to James side. James is screaming and wailing, shaking the lifeless body on the floor. Sirius' eyes widen at the sight of Mrs Potter. He feels his blood run cold, he darts out of the livingroom and straight upstairs into Zion's nursery.

Zion was always left with Mr and Mrs Potter whenever they had a mission. They loved having him. They doted on him as if he were really their grandson.

As the door swings open, he sees Mr Potter dead on the floor of the nursery. His eyes stare at Sirius, glossed over and lifeless. Tears fill his eyes, panic rises in his chest as she rushes from room to room hunting for his son.

"I've sent for the Order." Frank announces calmly, "The house elf is deceased in the kitchen too."

"Where's Zion?! Where the fuck is my son?" Sirius panics, Frank clutching onto Sirius as he collapses into him.

He falls to the floor, frantic sobs escaping his lips. He closes his eyes, forcing them open and praying it's a bad dream. Nothing more than a nightmare. He opens his eyes, Franks still holding him, rocking him in comfort. He closes his eyes again, focuses hard on his breathing.

Wake up.

Just fucking wake up.

He opens his eyes, James is by his side. His eyes puffy with tears, he grabs Sirius and hugs him tightly. Sirius hugs him back, both of them crying.

"We will find Zion." James vows as he struggles through his tears, "Whoever did this, they didn't harm Zion."

They didn't harm Zion.

"FUCK!" Sirius yells standing to his feet as he realises all too late.

At that moment a beastly grey owl swoops into the hallway, landing on the banister. James blinks nervously, Sirius shaking his head in shock.

A deranged laugh escapes his mouth, "It's Reggies owl. It's-"

He silences himself, buries the manic laughter. Laughing at a time like this was inappropriate. He knew that. It reminded him too much of his insane family. He snatches the letter from the owl, ripping it open carelessly. His heart threatening to fall out of his chest as he reads it.

They know about Zion.

"FUCK!" He splutters, "FUCK!"