69.

Daisy opens her eyes, looking around the dark cold room in confusion. She goes to rub her eyes but a terrible burning shoots down her arm. She glances up and notices the silver chains for the first time, she lets out a small gasp of pain as she attempts to pull on them and free herself.

"Don't struggle. It just burns more when you struggle."

Daisy turns her head and sees a figure in the opposite corner, a younger girl with sandy brown hair. Her eyes wander to the girls wrists, her wrists are bloody and bruised with dreadful burns that makes Daisy feel sick to her stomach. She doesn't look older than fifteen and it makes Daisy feel even sicker because who would do this to a child?

"What's your name?" Daisy asks quietly, her throat dry from however long she had been unconscious for.

"Selene."

Daisy's eyed widen, "Remus and Tate's daughter?"

Selene nods, "You know them?"

"They helped raise me when I was a cub." Daisy blinks, "I was just with Tate...he came to the flat looking for my Dad, said you went missing.." Daisy pales as the shock sinks in, "Oh god. He said Greyback took you."

"My Dads are looking for me?" Selene breathes out with relief because if they're looking for her, then that means they will come.

"Yes." Daisy confirms, then she shudders with fear, "Oh god! Where's Jackson?"

"Jackson?"

"Yes, he's my boyfriend. I was with him and then.." She closes her eyes as the memories flood her mind, "He's...one of them.."

Selene feels bad for the girl, she sits back and tries to hold back her sobs. Selene isn't entirely sure what to do or how to comfort her, she's terrible at communication. After Zion died, she just shut herself away. She couldn't even look Phoenix and Marlie in the eyes, knowing that she was hurting over their brother. She didn't know how to tell them that she missed him too.

"What's your name?" Selene decides that distraction is the best way forward.

"Daisy." She chokes, big wet tears stream down her face.

Selene feels like she knows her, that maybe her Dads had mentioned her before. Then she remembers Ben and Walid, she realises shes seen Daisy before at a distance.

"You were at Ben and Walid's wedding."

Daisy looks up, "Yeah.. that's right.. you know them? Small world eh?"

"How do you know them?" Selene asks curiously, happy to have stopped Daisy from sobbing so much.

"They're like my brothers." Daisy says, a small smile of her face as she talks about them, "We we're part of the same pack as children..well I was too young to remember but they've always been around. They always came to visit my Dad and I.. I grew up thinking they really were my brothers so you can imagine the shock when I found out they were dating."

Selene laughs. Her first genuine hearty laugh in so long. She had worried when Jackson carried Daisy into her cell and chained her up, she had been isolated for so long and now she had a roommate. Someone to talk to other than herself. It must've been scary Selene realises, the moment Jackson turned on Daisy like that. Selene knows Zion never would've done that to her, he never would have hurt her or put her in danger. It must sting her heart, knowing her boyfriend was capable of bringing her such harm.

There's a loud clatter above as the door swings open and someone starts to descend down stairs. Daisy stiffens with fear as Jackson appears, two men either side of him as he places a plate of food and a cup of water in front of each of them. He lingers around Daisy a little, waiting for her to look up at him but she doesn't. She avoids his eyes completely, looking off to the side and admiring the stone walls.