One

Amarantha held me in the air with her chains made of shadows. I looked over at my little sister as blood poured from her mouth. As her ribs cracked I was forced to watch as Amarantha waited to do the same to me after my sister died.

    Feyre whispered something so low, that only the wicked queen could hear her. Amarantha's face turned to fury. Heads poked up from the crowd as a pulse of magic was sent in waves.

    I screamed as I heard a large crack in the air and Feyre's body went limp in the tendrils of shadowy smoke. Feyre was dropped to the ground like a piece of trash and sobs ripped from my chest. Tearing away at me slowly. Her body bent in odd angles. And I knew it was the worst image I'd ever seen.

    Amarantha looked at me, holding up her hands, and a sharp pain laced up my side. The queen's smile was terrifying as she raised her hands in the air preparing to deal her last blow to me.

    My gaze wandered to the crowd, connecting with a violet pair of eyes as multiple Autumn Court males held the High Lord of the Night back. But his eyes were on me. Never leave for a second as fury danced along with his features. He yelled he screamed, he scratched, but he was unable to get to me.

    "There's no one left to save you now, Danika." Amarantha's voice rang out before I was claimed by darkness forever

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

    I woke panting, as a coat of sweat covered my brow. The lack of light in my room made it look like a cell for only a moment. I rushed out of bed, slamming open my balcony windows and letting the fresh air fill my lungs. I forced down my nausea. I refused to allow a nightmare that much power over me.

    The cold breeze centered me and air filled my lungs once more. My heart was racing in my chest and I was once more reminded that my heart was no longer mortal. That I would be cursed to live out an existence of misery for the rest of my immortal life.

    Three months. For three months I had been stuck in Spring Court like a prisoner, barely allowed out of the house. Even Feyre was granted more freedom than me. At first, I thought Tamlin did it as a punishment. A way to get me back for what I allowed to happen under the mountain. But there was a day, weeks ago when I had gotten up from the dinner table—a day that Feyre had chosen not to come. Tamlin had made a comment about me whoring myself out to Rhysand and The High Lord of Spring being forced to deal with the repercussions. I had denied that anything happened between us, and he had replied by saying he'd seen it with his own eyes.

I'd stood quickly—quicker than any human. And He had immediately gripped his steak knife like it was a dagger as he stood after me. It was then that I realized that he kept me locked up not to punish me—but because he was scared. Scared of what I had done Under the Mountain and what I could do. He wasn't underestimating me anymore. Instead, he feared me. And I was suffering those consequences.

My sister was engaged to the man. For weeks I had tried Tried to not feel rage when I looked at him and yet all I saw when I did was him sitting next to Amarantha doing nothing. But I pretended for my sister's sake, and only when the High Lord and I were alone did I speak my mind.

My eyes unwillingly wandered to my left hand, looking at the cat-eye that lay there. In three months Rhysand had yet to come to collect his part of the bargain. I didn't know if it was a mercy or a curse. A curse of waiting and always wondering if he would show up and take me to his Court.

There was one night just as I'd returned from Under the Mountain that I swore the eye blinked, and again I wondered if he watched me through it.

    Under the Mountain had changed me. Changed me in so many ways that I didn't know who I was anymore. I didn't think I'd laughed since I visited my family months ago. Hadn't smiled a real smile since before we were sent away to the Mortal Lands.

    I lost who I used to be in the darkness that took my humanity.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

A/N: EEEEKKKKKK! I"M SO EXCITED TO WRITE THIS BOOK