Seven

Of course.

    Of course, Rhysand has to show up now to witness my new fragility in the face of Tamlin. Just had to rub it in. And to piss off Tamlin of course, the old me would have rejoiced at the fact, but now I knew he would just take it out on me.

    Rhysand angled his head, looking over at me hunched over a chair as I tried to catch my breath again. My neck hurt with the force of Tamlin's hands on it. Bruises would begin to form any minute now with my Fae healing. The High Lord of the Night Courts' eyes found purchase at my neck, which I'm sure was red. I could have sworn something flashed through his eyes, something murderous.

    But it was gone as soon as it came. Rhysand stuffed his hands into his black pockets. And I took a moment to look him over; he was more tan than the last time I saw him, he had been so pale, it suited him. He seemed...better?

    "What a pretty little wedding," he mused, and he once again looked me over, much less subtle this time. He tsked at the terrible dress and the flower crown I was forced to wear, I looked nothing like myself. But then again did I really know who that was anymore?

    The dress was sky blue, the neck going all the way past my collar bone. The sleeved were long and had a small ring on the end that hooked to my middle finger. The skirts were spread out and spoofy. I looked like a blueberry.

    "Get the hell out," Tamlin growled as he approached me. I stood straight taking a step back. I didn't want him near me ever again.

    I knew that Rhysand hadn't failed to notice the motion and yet he refrained from commenting. "Oh, I don't think so. Not when I need to call in my bargain with Danika Darling."

    I squeezed my eyes shut once more as I sighed. He had the worst timing.

    "You try to break the bargain and you know what will happen," Rhysand went on. I doubted Tamlin would try to stop him, it was an excuse to get me away and my sister couldn't do anything to stop it. It was the perfect out. Rhysand jerked his head towards me, "I gave you three months of freedom. You could at least look happy to see me." well, sucks to suck. I'm not in the mood.

    He faced Tamlin again, "I'll be taking her now."

    "Can we please not talk about me like I'm not here." My voice was quiet. Weak.

    Rhysand's brows furrowed as if that one sentence was a mystery to him.

    "Don't you dare," Tamlin said to defend me, and yet I could see the eager edge in his eyes.

    "Was I interrupting the ceremony? It looks a little dead to me." Rhysand's smile was dripping with venom. He knew. He knew through the bond in our bargain that I wanted out.

    "Rhysand—" Tamlin started but was cut off.

    "I'm in no mood to bargain," He shrugged irreverently, "even though I could work it to my advantage, I'm sure." I flinched at the caress of his hand against my elbow. One of the more embarrassing actions I'd made today.

"Lets go." He said.

    Tamlin stepped forward hesitantly, his face marred in a wince, "Name your price."

    "Don't bother," Rhysand crooned.

    He was taking me to Night Court. The place Amarantha's court was inspired from. I'd thought I'd be able to handle it when I'd first left under the mountain. But not being able to sit in a dark room for more than a minute, Nightmares that haunted my sleep, and passing out in tight spaces said otherwise.

    Tamlin didn't move and his claws wholly entered into his skin again His gaze rested in a snarl but his eyes alight with glee, "If you hurt her—" It was empty.

    "I know, I know," he drawled, "I'll return here in a week."

    Rhysand released my elbow only to slide a hand along my waist, my body stayed tense. He pressed me to his side as he whispered in my ear, "Hold on,"

    Oh, God, we were winnowing. I hated winnowing.

    Darkness roared around us and I subconsciously wrapped my arms around Rhysand's waist and nausea rolled through me. If I threw up on him it was his fault.

    Then the darkness vanished.

    I smelled jasmine. I opened my eyes that I didn't know I'd closed and I saw stars. I released Rhysand immediately as I looked around further. There was a sea of stars, flickering beyond moonstone pillars that looked upon a world of snow-capped mountains.

    "Welcome to the Night Court," was the first thing he said.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

A/N: I have school tomorrow and should be asleep but I'm just too invested.