Hundred-Thirty

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"It's pathetic really, how much I still hope it's you and I in the end

"It's pathetic really, how much I still hope it's you and I in the end."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Rhysand

Rhysand

        RHYSAND WAS undeniably and irrevocably lost. His mind was a scattered, broken place of cobwebs and shadows.

He panted, scrambling to his feet as he slammed onto the floor of the House of Wind. The House of Wind. She had winnowed them to Velaris. Cut through the wards he's so carefully placed as though they were nothing.

He turned in a circle. Searching for the white haired woman who should be right behind them. Who should be winnowing herself in any second.

Where was she? Where was she? Where was she?

Danika had asked that he trust her, and he had so where was she?

But his mate did come. Did not show up in the room full of pooling blood. She was not there.

She didn't intend to come at all.

"No." Rhys whispered, "No." he took in his surroundings. The panic set in then, roaring through his veins and taking his thoughts. No—no this couldn't be happening.

She had not done this. Had not let them leave while she stayed behind in enemy terrify. She didn't. She couldn't. She wouldn't.

Rhys was not with her. He had left her. Left her to the mercy of his enemies.

Amren and Feyre were instantly there with them, tending to both Cassian and Azriel's wounds on instinct.

Rhys didn't care. He couldn't care not as his lungs turned to ash, constricting and folding in on themselves. Everything—everything had gone wrong. Had been turned upside down.