Hundred-Twenty-Six

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Are you ready to sacrifice who you are for what you'll become?"

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

      I DIDN'T let Lucien's declaration sink in

I DIDN'T let Lucien's declaration sink in. Didn't let it roar through my mind like a howling wind. I wouldn't even know how to react even if I had.

    Lucien. Astrid. The woman I had known longer than I had known myself. The first male friend I had made in Prythian.

    Two of the most hot-headed people I knew. Two of the most stubborn people I knew.

    They would destroy each other.

    The red-haired male didn't move an inch. Face pale as death as he stared at Astrid. An unmoving statue, his hands hanging limp at his sides. It was as though he was in a trance. A hallucination he couldn't tear himself away from.

    The blonde stared back at him, rigid and stone-backed. For one of the first times I'd ever seen in my life, Astrid Kyra Mitchels was utterly shocked. Frozen in her own skin as she stared at him. At Lucien.

    And then it was gone. Vanished in a flash as though I had merely blinked it gone. Wiped away with a crashing wave, indifference replacing the shock as emotion retreated back into the sea of her mind. Astrid arched a brow at Lucien, "And?" she challenged, in that voice smooth as silk.

    Lucien started, blinking as he stared even more wide-eyed. Not entirely sure what to do. Likely not even processing what she had said. He simply stared.

    "Interesting. Very interesting." The King mused from where he stood, cocking his head at the pair as Astrid went back to tending to Elain and Nesta. An action I was beyond grateful for while I was not in the position to do so myself.

The king mused again, "Made and unmade." his eyes flickering between Astrid and Lucien to Rhys and I. With a small, wicked smile the King turned to the queens. "Do you require further proof?"