Hundred-Twenty-Seven

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Never trust your fears, they don't know your strengths

"Never trust your fears, they don't know your strengths."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THE CAULDRON was infinite

THE CAULDRON was infinite. Defining. Different than death in the way that I was aware of everything. Could feel the searing cold water around me, burning my skin like a cold lava. Could see nothing other than the inky black void around me as though I was again in the hell that had stolen me in death. An ocean of void.

The world ended and began and the eddies of this water.

    Pain was a constant. A reminder and a promise of unending agony. My forever. My reality. This was it. This was my fate.

    My lungs burned with the strain of the oxygen draining from my body. Claws ripping at my chest and throat as I fought the reflex to just inhale. To just give in to the lifeless water and allow it to consume me wholly. Take my mind, body, and soul.

    I thrashed. I screamed, the sounds utterly consumed by the nothingness around me. There was no surface. There was no end. Only death and power and void.

    I didn't know how long I had been in the water. Months. Years. Decades. Time was a mere formality in my old world, but in this...time was everything. A living, breathing being constantly moving and rippling.

    Maybe I had been here for eternity, always on the brink of death, always resisting to take that final breath and flood my lungs.

    Everything around me felt the same. Felt like death. The cold, the thoughts, the all consuming loneliness. Again, I was trapped within my own mind, unable to escape. Trapped and caged like an animal.

    I was going to die. I was going to die here. Live in these icy depths until the universe ended. Stuck.

    Panic gripped me so tightly it took all of my will not to just inhale. To give in to the deathless life around me. To remember who I was and what I fought for rather than allow myself to simply succumb to my inevitable fate.