Nine

My room was large and airy. Much like the hall I'd just been in. The bed was composed of black silk sheets with small white dots that looked like stars.

    My dress had grown irritating in the time I'd been in it. The fabric had been bothering me since I'd first been stuffed into it, but over the hours it had grown so terribly scratchy that if I had to stay in it for another moment I might have just ripped it off.

    There was a moon-white dresser on the side of the room and I gravitated towards it, marveling at the marble floors and their way that seemed to reflect the sky.

    I pulled open the top drawer, immediately noticing the array of clothes that had been piled high to the top. I ran a hand over one of the shirts, caught off guard by its softness of it. I wasted no time pulling it out of the door along with a pair of pants I found suitable.

    I tore the dress from my body as if it were some monstrosity, I stripped my under-clothes and put on the soft clothes. I was surprised to find that they fit nearly perfectly.

    I looked at the bed longingly. The day had been long and tiresome, and I was sure the events that took place hadn't fully processed in my mind.

    I wondered if Feyre had gone on with the wedding without me if Tamlin had told her what he'd done to me. I doubted it.

    I sighed, walking over to the bed with silk sheets, I pulled back the light covers, crawled into the bed, using the sheets as a barrier from reality. There were still remnants of the sun outside and yet my body felt like it was about to collapse with exhaustion.

    It took me only seconds to fall into a deep sleep.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

    There was a pull deep in my chest as I sat looking at the snow-coated mountains.

    I had woken up to yet another nightmare that once again ended in the same line that they always did. It had been the same recurring dream as always, I could only remember small changes that had been tampered with. Small differences between the others.

    There had been no balcony in the room so I'd found the window after nearly a minute of not being able to breathe. When my heart had finally ceased its racing state I realized that the breeze felt different here.

    It felt clarifying. As though it wasn't clouded by worries. It was centering.

    I had been sitting at that window for at least an hour when I jerked back suddenly, feeling a tug in my chest that I now knew as Rhysand's calling card. A way to summon me.

    Well, he could wait.

    I was still a tad pissy about him. Really pissy, actually.

    I had still yet to bathe after yesterday, and the thought of a warm bath to cleanse me of my worries sounded amazing right then.

    I parted from the window, making my way to the large bathroom that I had yet to look at. I'd come straight into the room and crashed on the bed after I'd changed. I hadn't even explored, a mistake I likely shouldn't have made in this court.

When I'd entered the bathroom I was nearly struck stupid. I'd never seen anything like it. This place was just full of surprises.

    The bathroom quite literally went off a cliff. The tub was made of glass aside from the bottom. It gave an even better view than the large window and I thought I'd found the place I'd be spending all my time in.

    I stripped my clothes quickly, noticing that the bathtub was full and steam sifted off it in the wind.

    I took one step into it and moaned at the hot water as if on reflex. I sunk into it fully, nearly falling asleep in the comforting body of water.