Seventy-Five

The world had tilted on its axis.

Every beginning and end lay here as my hands made their way up to Rhys's hair of their own accord. As his lips crashed onto mine, kissing me hungrily as though he wanted my very essence. As my hands tugged on his hair, wanting everything he could give me. As I wanted to give him everything I could.

It wasn't enough. Wasn't nearly enough, even as his hands trailed down to my thigh, lifting my leg up against him as he ran his hand up and down my dress as though he could feel what was under the thin fabric.

I pulled him impossibly closer, his body flush against mine as my hands finally left the softness of his hair and trailed down his chest, yearning for the black silky shirt to be gone and for there to be nothing between us.

Everything was hot. His body. My body. My mind. My entire being. Everything round in a perfect circle, forming an entire reality as all I could think about was his lips on mine and how much I wanted him in that moment.

Rhys deepened the kiss more roughly for only a moment before he pulled away. I might have protested had his mouth not immediately found solace on my neck, creating a trail of blazing kisses down to my shoulder and up again.

His mouth hit just the right spot, and I couldn't suppress the moan that made its way through my body and into the air around us. I felt Rhys's grin against my neck as he stopped, sucking on that spot until breath was nonexistent.

Euphoria. That was what I felt in that moment.

"Such wicked beauty." he said in between kisses as he slowly, so slow it was antagonizing, trailed back up my neck. "Tell me you want me." he whispered.

I wanted him. Gods, I wanted him so badly it hurt.

My brain must have been fogged because I said the words aloud, "I want you."

Rhysand groaned, his head peeling from my neck with a look that told me he wanted the same thing I did. Quicker than I had thought possible, had I pulled Rhys's lips back to mine. Hungrier than before. So much hungrier.

My hands pulled at the buttons of his shirt like my life depended on it, he was happy to oblige, once more trailing kisses across my shoulder as he slipped an arm out of its sleeve.

Once his shirt had been tossed someplace on the floor, I was all too happy as I slowly glided my hands across his toned chest, tracing my hands across his tattoos as I leaned forward, kissing each and every one of them before trailing my mouth upwards.

"Tell me you want me." I repeated his words, kissing just below his ear.

He groaned at the motion, successfully slipping my other arm out of its sleeve as he breathed. "I want you."

    My lips found his again as I muttered, "Good."

    We were a tangle of limbs, where everywhere he touched felt as though my every nerve had been lit aflame.

    Rhysand's hands trailed down, pulling at the back of my dress as he slowly unzipped the back, full and ready for the dress to drop to the floor—

    A slam practically rattled the walls of the room. Both Rhys and I's heads whipped to the door, finding Amren, her brows raised in morbid curiosity as she stepped into the room very uninvited.

    "So this is where you had run off to, Rhysand." Amren spoke in that cool way of hers.

    Rhys zipped up my dress slightly to keep it from falling before he turned his head just slightly to look at Amren from the side. "Can it wait?" He questioned his voice anything but pleasant.

    "No." Amren answered plainly.

    Rhys sighed, closing his eyes for a moment. When he opened them, he spared me a look that told me this wasn't the end. A very unfriendly look.

He zipped up my dress fully, helping me—practically doing it for me, as he slipped my arms back into the draped, sheer sleeves of my dress before he located his own shirt and righted himself.

    Rhys stalked to my bed, sitting on the edge as he looked at his second, "What was so important that it couldn't wait?" He questioned Amren.

    His second looked to me instead, "I've found the book. I need you to confirm." Amren spoke, her words sure of herself.

I raised my brows. Did they truly need me for this mission when it turned out Amren was a bloodhound? Literally.

I looked at Rhys before clearing my throat and looking to Amren. "Shall we then?"

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

A/N: I'm just feeling evil today.

And for the sake of this story, zippers exist.

I'm also really spoiling you guys with chapters today. I've had so much inspiration istg.