Hundred-Twenty-One

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"You haven't seen my bad side yet

"You haven't seen my bad side yet."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

           I WINNOWED to the rooftop closest to where the Attor had just been, twin daggers clenched  within my fists painfully

    I WINNOWED to the rooftop closest to where the Attor had just been, twin daggers clenched within my fists painfully. The creature flapped through the air, further and further with each breath I took—

    DANIKA—

    I slammed a mental shield of deadly, zapping lightning against that voice; against him. There was no room for distraction. Not now. Not this moment.

    I could vaguely feel him pounding against that shield. Roaring at it. But even he could not get in.

    The Attor was mine. Just as it had been in Amrantha's throne room. Just as it had been in the forest. This death...this death belonged to me.

    In the distance, rushing toward me, toward Velaris, a mighty darkness devoured the world. Soldiers in its path did not emerge again.

    My mate. Shadow incarnate. Night Triumphant.

    I spotted the Attor again, veering toward the sea, toward Hybern. Still over the city.

    I winnowed, throwing my awareness toward it like a net, spearing mind to mind, using the tether like a rope, leading me through time and distance and wind—

    I latched onto the oily smear of its malice, pinpointing my being, my focus onto the core of it. A beacon of corruption and filth.

    When I emerged from the wind and shadow, I was right atop the Attor.

    It shrieked, wings curving as I slammed into it. As I shoved my twin daggers into each of its wings. Right through the main muscle.

    The Attor arched in pain, its fork tongue cleaving the air between us. The city was a blur below, the Sidra a mere stream from the height.