Hundred-Five

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Are you flirting or starting a fight?"

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

        THANKFULLY, THE rain had ceased

        THANKFULLY, THE rain had ceased. Though the clouds still covered the sky, gray and looming, a constant presence reminding us that the pelting water could soon return at any moment. I didn't doubt it would.

A small part of me wondered if I could disband the clouds all together. Take it's very essence and rip it apart with my magic. Create warm, clear skies rather than the tireless gray currently stealing my warmth. I knew I could create, but could I destroy?

    I didn't really feel like finding out at the moment. Not when my thoughts began to stray too far away.

Stray to dangerous things. Very dangerous things. Like the way Rhys's breath seemed to caress my neck, or the way his body was warm against my own. His hands on my thigh and my back and the way I seemed to be hyper aware of every small movement he made. Every shift of his fingers or rise and fall of his toned chest.

I needed to get a grip. And fast.

We had trained all day. Trained until my eyes were fluttering with exhaustion and my words were growing quiet and slightly slurred. It was only when I had shut my eyes for a moment and nearly fallen asleep standing that Rhys had finally said, "Now who's the one moping?" I'd grumbled a few obscenities, to which he rolled his eyes before adding, "If you insist on being grumpy, we're stopping for the day." I hadn't objected to the idea.

I'd nearly cheered in relief, actually. Playing with fire had been more exhausting than I had thought.

So now, Rhys holding me tight in his arms as the sun began to set, we flew low over the trees toward...wherever the hell we were going. My head rested on Rhys's shoulder, my eyes threatening to close entirely.

"You look tired." Rhys finally said, his voice cutting through the wind and silence like a carefully honed blade.

I snorted against his shoulder, "Oh, really? I hadn't noticed." I said, sarcasm dripping from my words although my tone was soft.