Hundred-Eleven

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Drinking about you

"Drinking about you."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

           WE SLAMMED  into the freezing mud right outside the little stone house

    WE SLAMMED into the freezing mud right outside the little stone house.

    Across the yard, I spied Cassian—and Mor—at the window of the house, eating breakfast. Their eyes went wide, and then they were rushing for the door. Feet slamming so hard I could here it from yards away.

    "Danika." Rhys groaned, bare arms buckling as he tried to rise from the ground. I knelt, impassively wrapping my arm around his body and helping him to his feet.

      I may not be his biggest fan, but leaving him in the icy mud felt simply cruel.

    I exhaled a breath as I took the first step, my legs getting used to the extra weight. Rhys leaned on me almost entirely. Unable to stand on his own as I practically carried him like a rag doll.

    We had made it a quarter way through the yard when the door flung open, and Cassian and Mor were sprinting for us. "Help me get him inside." I ground out as Cassian hurtled toward Rhys and I.

    Cassian went to the High Lord's other arm, picking up the extra weight as he wrapped it around his shoulder. Together, we hauled Rhys back to the cabin, Mor barking orders at the slew of Illyrian's that had turned to watch the scene. Stopping their training to stare.

    The warmth of the cabin greeted us with a kind hand, enveloping me in its blissful heat. Gods, I'd missed heated places.

    Cassian and I splayed a pained Rhys across the small barely-couchy-couch, the male hissed in pain, his raw and bloodied back colliding with the cushion as my hand slowly retracted from his body.

    Rhysand caught my wrist, his eyes pleading. Begging as though he were in real physical agony. "Dani, please."

    Cassian and Mor both looked to me with entirely different emotions. Cassian—confusion, though that was mainly just his resting face. And Mor—realization. Dawning. As though in those fragmented words she already realized what I finally knew.