Hundred-Twelve

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"We cannot become who we want by remaining who we are

"We cannot become who we want by remaining who we are."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

      I DECIDED that Bob was all I really needed in life

      I DECIDED that Bob was all I really needed in life. A companion that didn't talk back and make my life harder. Company that didn't do anything but sit and stare—like a glass bottle. Which Bob happened to be. But that was irrelevant.

I took a swig from the whiskey, staring aimlessly at the wall across from me, left alone with my thoughts for the first time in weeks. The warm water of the bath crashing against my skin. Soothing my aching muscles, tense from the days of training and the worry of Rhys's condition. For the first time in days, my limbs were loose rather than tense enough to snap.

Bubbles rose up to my chin, popping slightly as they touched my face and body. I may or may not have pretended to have a beard once or twice. It was a classic. A must do when indulging in a bubble bath.

I leaned over just slightly, setting Bob Barnacle Ginsberg Archeron on the table beside the bath, the glass clinking against the polished wood as it collided. I sunk back into the murky water, falling up to my shoulders as I dredged in every inch of relaxation I could.

I sighed in peace, closing my eyes and leaning my head back on the polished stone the bath was carved from. The cold porcelain was a stark contrast to the cooled warmth of my bare skin. I'd lost count of how long I'd been in the water, breathing in the steamy air and thinking about everything and anything. But Rhys of course, that was a topic I had been carefully avoiding.

With the whirlwind of new my life had been split open with, my thoughts should probably be on the High Lord of the Night Court. Contemplating what everything meant. What I should do. But honestly, right now I didn't want to think about it.

No, right now, I wanted to indulge in a bubble bath and pretend I was Santa Clause while placing bubbles on my chin and getting drunk. That was what I wanted to be doing. But alas, I could not.