Ninety-Four

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"I can't tel if I like him or want to punch him in the throat

"I can't tel if I like him or want to punch him in the throat. Likely both."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

      I FOUND Amren the same way I had last time: hunched over the Book, papers strewn around her

      I FOUND Amren the same way I had last time: hunched over the Book, papers strewn around her. I set the blood I'd brought with me on the counter, studying the female as she worked.

She said without looking up, "Ah. the reason why Rhys bit my head off this morning."

"Me?" I asked, arching a brow, "He's the one who put himself in the dog house."

Amren chuckled darkly, flipping a page. "That is to be expected." she said, "Males are such disgusting creatures."

"Couldn't agree more." I replied, shifting myself so that my arms were crossed as I leaned against the cool countertop. "Where's he scurried off to?" I questioned nonchalantly as I referred to the High Lord.

"To hunt whoever attacked you yesterday."

I snorted, "He won't find anything. Those people are trained to stay hidden from the most skilled Fae." A foolish mission. One I could have told him off about if he stopped sulking and quit ignoring me.

Little prick he was, running from what he'd done.

It hadn't been less than a day and a half and I had not seen the male at all. That was fine. Let him flee, all the more groveling for me when he realizes he can't avoid what he said anymore.

Amren ran a hand along the text she read. She must be truly absorbed to not bother with the blood I had brought her. "Regardless, it seems like our enemies have a track on your's and Rhys's magic. Which means they're able to find him if he winnows anywhere or if he uses his powers."

Confusion rolled through me. The Flame had never had that ability before? We'd used classic tracking: magic imprints, tracks, scents depending on the hunter. But magic detection? That had never been in our—their arsenal.