Hundred-Seventeen

─── · 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"If I am an addict then you have become my drug

"If I am an addict then you have become my drug."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

            I WAS nearly falling asleep into my breakfast

            I WAS nearly falling asleep into my breakfast. Gods, I knew probably every High Lord could keep a woman from sleeping all night, but Rhysand...less than an hour of sleep. Less than. And I was going to faceplant into my pancakes.

I couldn't stop, couldn't get enough of the taste of him, the feel of him. I felt like there was pressure within me, pressure that built and built until I lost control. I didn't really mind, if I felt like being honest. I just wished I could actually remember what my pancakes tasted like.

"It's normal." Rhys said, plopping a mouthful of syrupy pancakes into his mouth. Pancakes he had made much to my merriment.

We'd barely made it into the kitchen, he'd gotten up from the bed and I'd practically—not literally—tackled him to the floor and he'd shredded apart a pretty little rug with his talons while I rode him.

"What's normal?" I asked, shoving more pancakes into my mouth like a fiend.

"The...frenzy," he said carefully, "When a couple accepts the mating bond, its...overwhelming. Again, harking back to the beasts we once were. Probably something about ensuring the female was impregnated." my heart paused at that. "Some couples don't leave the house for a week. Males get so volatile that it can be dangerous for males to be in public, anyway. I've seen males of reason and education shatter a room because another male looked too long in their mates direction, too soon after they'd been mated."

Silence for a moment.

"You sound like a wizard." the ones in those stories that the heroine comes to talk to and eventually the wizard becomes like a mentor or something.

"What?"

"I don't know." I said, "I have a habit of saying the first things that come to my mind sometimes."