Hundred-Fourteen

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Kiss the stars

"Kiss the stars. Kiss my scars."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

     I COULDN'T do it

    I COULDN'T do it.

    I had painted Cassian, Mor, and Amren, and...they looked...there were truly no words to describe it. They were stick figures—obviously—but even so, I had thought there was a small possibility I could make them artistic stick figures. I was wrong. So very wrong.

    Nesta's voice kept running through my head telling me it looked like a giraffe, and now I couldn't help but picture each and every one of them as farm animals.

    Maybe...maybe if I just told everyone it was a animal theme they would believe me. Yeah, that sounded better than the alternative...

I was nearly finished painting Azriel. It did not look like Azriel.

I surveyed my work with a wince. And then surveying the house with something that resembled a flinch. Paint was strewn everywhere—how it had gotten that way, I didn't know—on the kitchen counter sat the buckets of colorful paint I had found in the closet, one tipped  and dripping to the floor with soft drops.

Where was Mor and her wave-y hand trick when I needed her?

A day had passed. An entire day of pointless stick figure drawings that looked absolutely horrific. Ones that stared into your soul with their detail-less eyes and snuck into your nightmares. Feyre would pass out if she saw it.

I hated to admit it, but I was sick of my own thoughts. Of my own company. Yes, sure I had Bob, but Bob also could not talk back and liked to stay on the dresser next to my bed. I was sick of waiting and listening to the dripping snow. I missed pointless banter and meaningless conversation.

I missed making fun of people.

Thankfully, Mor returned not even an hour after I'd finished my painting of Azriel. I'd filled in the background and tried to draw his shadows but ended up making it look like a black fence post. In my opinion, it truly completed the farm animal look.